AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer2 /forum/post/0

I'd certainly like to see a good set of plans for a set of bipole/dipole surrounds...

hmmm ya me too, if I knew what that was. Hehe. But seriously is it worth it? Is it worth to build the speakers? or is it only worth building subwoofer?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
You can do whatever you want, there is no speaker police to give you a ticket.

Only you will know if it's worth your time and money to build any speaker. If you don't

know if you should, then go to the store and audition speakers and see if you

find something you like and see if you can afford it. If so, then just buy the speaker

and you are done. If the speakers you like are only expensive models and way outside

your budget, then take a look at DIY speakers, many plans in cyberspace.

This forum seems biased towards DIY subs, but there are other forums that

have more diverse speaker topics.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
When your budget is small your money is better spend on complete speakers. Subs are worth it because they're easy to design and build. $ wise they also fare better because quality subs are heavy and heavy = lots of shipping costs.

I just picked up a pair of powered media/computer speakers for work. They are Klipsh Promedia 2.0 and they're kind of spectacular given the price.

·
Registered
970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc /forum/post/0

When your budget is small your money is better spend on complete speakers. Subs are worth it because they're easy to design and build. $ wise they also fare better because quality subs are heavy and heavy = lots of shipping costs.

I just picked up a pair of powered media/computer speakers for work. They are Klipsh Promedia 2.0 and they're kind of spectacular given the price.

I would have to disagree. When your budget is low, you'd want more bang for your buck and that comes from building a set of speakers from some of the sites mentioned above. Go over to HTGuide.com and read, you'd be surprised on how many DIY speakers can sound at the level or better of speakers priced 5x or 10x of what the DIY would cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.