AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own a Pio 6010 and have been frustrated with the results of just using discs, so I am looking forward to getting a more acurate picture with a meter. I have read thread after thread and havent really found any up to date info on what would be the best meter under $200-$250 that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out.
I have read about the Spyder2,3, and the Eye-One Display LT in my price range. I've also read about the Display LT not being too user friendly while the Spyder2 and 3 not being acurate, and thats pretty much what I am experiencing with just eyeballing thru filters using discs. Really appreciate recommendations as I am looking to finally get my panel acurate. Thanks!

Phil

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The Spyders should be fine on the Pioneer plasma set that you have.

Generally only when moving to things like LCD panels and LCOS and DLP do we start to worry.

An $11K Minolta CS200 also does not take a rocket scientist to figure out.

Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. So basically using any one of the 3 mentioned on a plasma, I shouldnt have the inaccuracies that some people have complained about? I was originally going for the Spyder2 since it would be my first meter and is relatively inexpensive, but there are quite a few threads on it not being accurate. I will be using it with the CalMAN software and thats where people seem to like the Display LT. Thanks very much for the help.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Like most things in life, you can always spend more money on devices with more accuracy. But is the gain in accuracy something that you can see with your eyes?

Regards

·
Registered
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil6010 /forum/post/14259800

Thanks for the replies. So basically using any one of the 3 mentioned on a plasma, I shouldnt have the inaccuracies that some people have complained about? I was originally going for the Spyder2 since it would be my first meter and is relatively inexpensive, but there are quite a few threads on it not being accurate. I will be using it with the CalMAN software and thats where people seem to like the Display LT. Thanks very much for the help.

Phil,

If all of them are in your price range, then based on most everything I've read here, I'd go with the Eye-One D2/LT device. Here is a thread and subsequent discussion comparing the Spyder 2, Eye-One D2/LT and an Eye-One Pro (as the reference) on various displays.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=958099

hope this helps,

--tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts