AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the least inexpensive DirecTV HDTV programming package I can purchase? Somewhere I read that you can just order HBO for just $15/month and not have to also order the minimum Total Choice package. Is this true? If true, will I also get the HD-Net channel?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think I remember hearing about some sort of super limited basic programming for $7.99 (which I believe includes HDNet, but not much else). I've also heard about another limited programming option for only $21.99 called Select Choice, but when I go to the site, I don't see any information on either option! (Figures they'd try to keep this under wraps!) Does anyone have Select Choice? If so, could you list what channels are included in this package? Anyone know how to find out more about this please?

Thanks,

NoelAV:confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
In the middle of last month I subscribed to the Blockbuster DirecTV deal for $9.95, and I took the Select Choice package at that time. It wasn't listed as available, but others seemed to be getting it, so I asked for it and had no problem. I have since dropped it and now get HBO ala-cart for $12.00 which also gives me access to HDNet. For the $4.00 per month difference between the cheapest rate $7.99 package which only gives PPV and HDNet, the $12.00 HBO ala-cart makes all of the other non-HD HBO channels available.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jon and Allen: Are you guys saying you can buy nothing from DirectTv except HBO for $12/month? I also assume you have to have a 24" oval dish to receive the HBO-HD; correct? I thought DirectTv made you buy a package of some sort before you could add HBO, NFL etc. Am I wrong? If you only buy ala carte can you purchase pay-per-view movies? Thanks. John

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Just for the record D* Limited Pak is $7.99/month and includes:

HD Net

Channel J

Claravision

EWTN: Latin America

TBN

Inspirational Life

The Word Network

BYU TV

PBS You

Nasa

C-SPAN

StarNet

Wordlink TV

Home Shopping Network

QVC

Shop NBC

Shop At Home

Bloomberg

The Health Network

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NoelAV
I've also heard about another limited programming option for only $21.99 called Select Choice, but when I go to the site, I don't see any information on either option! (Figures they'd try to keep this under wraps!) Does anyone have Select Choice? If so, could you list what channels are included in this package? Anyone know how to find out more about this please?
The Limited Pak was never an advertised pack, but Select Choice was. There have been rumors that DirecTV was or is going to do away with SC and it is not advertised anymore. For a list of whats included in Select Choice Click Here . Well its more of a comparison between Dish Packages and DirecTV packages, but it will give you a pretty good idea of whats included in SC.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.