AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Those are the cheapest models that are currently available new in stores. You might find a refurbished discontinued model (Panasonic RP82,XP30,XP50 or Denon DVD-1600) sometimes show up cheaper for a very short deal online or on EBAY - thats your only other choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by biscuit01
Ok I know there has to be cheaper ones

Chime in if you like

Mits dd-8040 $250.00

Denon 910 $299.00
Denon 1815, $288 shipped from Etronics. It's a 5 disc Faroudja based player.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have RP82 back ordered at Macmall.com for 199.95

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Babula
I have RP82 back ordered at Macmall.com for 199.95
Uh, since that model has been discontinued I think you will be waiting a long, long time. Sometimes "back ordered" really translates to "no longer available but we want your business so we will string you along."

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dsmith

Uh, periodically they get some from somehwere. MACmall, PC Mall and Ecost share the same source and divy them up. I was just too late on the last batch of 25. I know very well that they are no tbeing manufactured any longer, but am willing to accept delivery from MACMall at 199.95.

Why on earth would they string me along, maintain my order in their records and never deliver. What possible good does that do them? They have not charged my CC and will not until they ship. If the order is never filled I still have one and just looking for another.

Bill

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
you know what screw all these dvd players that are discontinued......sure thier the best performers but if you cant buy the what good does it do...?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Babula
Dsmith

Uh, periodically they get some from somehwere. MACmall, PC Mall and Ecost share the same source and divy them up. I was just too late on the last batch of 25. I know very well that they are no tbeing manufactured any longer, but am willing to accept delivery from MACMall at 199.95.

Why on earth would they string me along, maintain my order in their records and never deliver. What possible good does that do them? They have not charged my CC and will not until they ship. If the order is never filled I still have one and just looking for another.

Bill
I seriously doubt if there are any more of these available except maybe some refurbs. They have been out of production for over a year. From my experience most sites give the "back order" message when they are out of stock and they don't know if more is coming or not. But they don't want you to just go away, so they let you sit there thinking you will eventually get something even though it will never happen. I honestly hope you get your unit, but I will be very surprised if you do, unless it is a refurb. Good luck.

Dsmith

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dlpfan
Philips Q50AT brand new, non refurb, never opened $147.00 and the pic quality is awesome.
Where do you see that unit at that price?? I'm seeing $179+shipping as the lowest...at QVC, of all places!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dsmith

I kind of knew I might be disappointed, and if it is refurbed, that is fine too. I really do enjoy the RP82 I have and even if a refurbed one might show up, I can (worse case) use it for spare parts.

Luck is what one sometimes needs.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wonder why that more middle priced players dont have faroudja processing??

I would have bought a denon 2200 universal if it had faroudja processing.

As it was, I couldnt see paying $400 more for it than a 563a pioneer, which I am patiently waiting on UPS to deliver!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zcd2.7t
Where do you see that unit at that price?? I'm seeing $179+shipping as the lowest...at QVC, of all places!!!
The employee store............no tax, free shipping to boot!!!!!

Build date of the one I got Feb 2003.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.