AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering what the cheapest HDCP compliant models out there are. I long ago thought I would get a projector, but issues with viewing in daylight kept me from doing it. My friend offered me an old screen (which I know isn't much impetus) and I thought heck why don't I see what I can get. It is only 60" so it isn't necessary to have a super duper one.

For reference I use a old school CRT (480i) now so pretty much anything will be better. I have an HTPC setup that plays both HDDVD and BLuRay, but I still watch on a completely junky display so pretty much anything is a huge upgrade. I thought I could just get an old office projector cheap, but forgot about the whole "you are screwed and cannot play protected content" issue. I know there is software that supposedly will make this work, but I must admit I would rather just get an HDCP compliant unit to begin with. I may end up heading higher to if I can't get anything decent cheap.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Just about any projector with an HDMI port is HDCP compatible.

This would be my choice.

But this or this is less expensive and still good. Also search for "xbox" on bing.com and click on the top link and you can get 8% cash back when you buy with pay pal. Must set up a bing.com cash back account first. You will need a cheap HDMI to DVI plug converter for this projector as well as a DVI cable for the EIKI.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much those are some great choices. I already have the DVI-->HDMI adapter and HDMI cable to run so I should be good there. I got the HTPC all ready for a display, but never got around to the display...

The problem was when I searched for hdmi or hdcp it just did not work well. Also I knew that it was possible to get HDCP compliant DVI inputs but could never find them (nor do I know if they exist outside of computer LCD market).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.