AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waiting isn't a problem for me. Where do you suggest I buy these used receivers? Ebay? Is Ebay my cheapest route to getting a cheap used receiver?

Where should I go to get cheap NEw receivers?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My local CC had a T151 for $149 the other day.

·
Registered
163 Posts
just picked up an open box zenith hdv420 at cc for $180. didnt think it would be possible and decided to just check it out because of what i've read on this forum and there it was....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried to find open box deals at CC in San Diego (for both the HDV 420 and the Samsung T151) -- none of the local stores had any open box deals. They did have 1 last HDV 420 but they were not selling it as open box yet -- they were under the impression that they'd be getting more in.

I would just search for "Samsung SIR-T151" on ebay. After reading lots of reviews on cheap OTA set-tops, this one seems to be the "favorite" for the low low budget models.

I was watching auctions for the T151 on ebay for the last 3 weeks. The lowest i saw them go for was about 150, the highest was about 220. You should be able to find a good one for around 180 if you watch a few auctions. Make sure you read the auction page good though.... i saw a number of auctions for T151 that did NOT include remote -- for me that is a large problem.

g'luck

w

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.