AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am dying to get my OTA HD stations as I live in Metro-Detroit and I believe we have a pretty solid lineup of HD material.

I own the SE-13HD and a 106" diagonal screen and want to add a basic HDTV OTA STB that will allow me to pull in all of my local HD broadcasts.

What is the cheapest way in?

Is the RCA -DTC100 still a good unit for this?

I do not want to spend any more money than absolutely necessary as I have already gone beyond the ridiculous level in my current Home Theater(s)!! See link at bottom.

DISH or DirecTV are not really an option (currently) as I have 5 TV's in my house and two 5.1 systems, and 1 location HD capable....So setup costs are extremely prohibitive, and with the recent news of HD cable(Comcast) coming to Detroit in the second half of 2002...I am not willing to blow that much money now.

Any and all suggestions welcome......Anyone in Metro-Detroit want to sell a used/new OTA HD STB???????????

Thanks, Brett

· Registered
1,730 Posts
consider the Samsung SIR-T150 which can be had on ebay or the internet for < $500 sometimes. I bought mine retail at BestBuy for $600 and so far have not regretted it. It pulls in stations quite well. It has a multitude of output formats and connectors (more than most stb's). It has screen formatting for 4:3 and 16:9 with usual zoom/fill options. I am in metro-Seattle with multipath galore, using a Winegard omni-dir antenna indoors. I pull in all stations even though none are line-of-sight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.