AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I really want is a receiver that can do 7.1 LPCM, and even layer DPIIx over 5.1 and 6.1 PCM, as well as not have any of the bass management issues or any of that, for say under $600 out the door, but I know that such a receiver doesn't currently exist.

So instead, I'm looking for a cheapo receiver that can do lossless 5.1 for one of my other rooms. I have a small bedroom, with a nice 5.1 setup in there, and sometimes I watch HD-DVD movies and Blu Ray movies in there (when I happen to have my PS3 or Xbox with HD-DVD attachment hooked up in that room) , and I notice that alot of the Blu Ray movies have 5.1 PCM soundtracks, so I would love a cheapo receiver that can simply work with my PS3 and give me the true 5.1 PCM sound. I have no need for 7.1 in this particular room, and I don't even care about the bass management issues, cause this is a small room and I don't need earth shattering sound in there. Just would like it to be crystal clear and impressive. What is the cheapest one that can handle this? Anything under $350 out the door, or do they all start higher than that?

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

Quote:
I would love a cheapo receiver that can simply work with my PS3 and give me the true 5.1 PCM sound. I have no need for 7.1 in this particular room, and I don't even care about the bass management issues,

The Panasonic XR57 would fit that bill...I think it's cheapest although it's not that much cheaper than the Onkyo 604.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought my Onkyo 604 last month at CC for $349 when they have the year end clearance sale (plus a price match from an online retailer.

So far, no problems on my setup;

PS3 and HD DVD add-on => Onkyo 604=> Mitsu WD65731

·
Registered
228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan /forum/post/0

Does CC price match to online retailers with or without shipping adjustment?

That online retailer has free shipping that time...

·
Registered
907 Posts
CC pricematch,,, lol..

They won't even price match BB or Sears across the street...

Sears matched but didn't have the tv in stock..

Maybe yours will but I doubt it, they'll come up w/ some BS to get out of it..

Regards,

Jose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.