AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a cheap projector i know; but its what i have. I would like to build my theater for scope (CIH) so would love a cheap solution that would be decent enough for an epson 3500 now but maybe a better projector down the road too.

If i go for CIH and use an external processor (pc or iscan?) can you leave the lens in place permanently?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
The cheapest option is to just zoom it. Looks like that's got a 1.6x zoom range and vertical lens shift so that should all work, though it will be manual.

Yes with a video processor, you can leave the lens in place at all times.

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
I'd think one of those would be a great option. I'd go with the 480 to have better "future proofing" if you upgrade projectors later. You'll need a video processor if your projector can't do vertical stretch, and if you plan on not moving the lens, you'll need something that can do horizontal squeeze as well.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I got a b stock UH480 and couldn't be happier. It's a fantastic lens. Get the right one the first time, because it will be hard to justify getting the 480 later if you're unhappy with the 380 and you'll just end up losing money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.