AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, fellow aficionados - I have a set of Aperion speakers which I previously used in a 7 speaker surround setup. I've since moved into much confines where drilling a surround setup is no longer possible. I sold my old receiver during the move.

I have been recently contemplating about simply utilizing my two tower speakers (643-T's) for the meantime. As I only will be using two speakers I am heavily considering buying just a two channel amp/receiver - most likely just have the TV output via RCA (or optical) into the amp/receiver. I initially thought the 2-channel option would be a waste when I later move back into a larger home with appropriate accommodations for a surround setup but actually, the amp/receiver would still be used in audio station when it gets supplanted with a 7.1 receiver.

I wanted to inquire what cheap options I may have, and if any of you guys have direct experience with any said equipment that would be great. It may seem ironic for a guy with Aperion speakers wanting a cheap amp but as of now, I am not eager to pay a lot for seldom watched TV - actually my three toddlers are the primary beneficiaries and come on, I doubt they will nag me on audio quality!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Cheap is a very relative term..

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops, my bad. Is under $100 possible? That is, anybody out there tested any sub $100 stereo amp/receiver?

·
Registered
876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks  /t/1492519/cheapest-two-channel-receiver-amplifier#post_23780126

Hello, fellow aficionados - I have a set of Aperion speakers which I previously used in a 7 speaker surround setup. I've since moved into much confines where drilling a surround setup is no longer possible. I sold my old receiver during the move.

I have been recently contemplating about simply utilizing my two tower speakers (643-T's) for the meantime. As I only will be using two speakers I am heavily considering buying just a two channel amp/receiver - most likely just have the TV output via RCA (or optical) into the amp/receiver. I initially thought the 2-channel option would be a waste when I later move back into a larger home with appropriate accommodations for a surround setup but actually, the amp/receiver would still be used in audio station when it gets supplanted with a 7.1 receiver.

I wanted to inquire what cheap options I may have, and if any of you guys have direct experience with any said equipment that would be great. It may seem ironic for a guy with Aperion speakers wanting a cheap amp but as of now, I am not eager to pay a lot for seldom watched TV - actually my three toddlers are the primary beneficiaries and come on, I doubt they will nag me on audio quality!

how much are you looking at? Marantz came out with a new 2.0 intergrated amp that has a good dac buildt in. Marantz PM6005. Going $699 shipped.

There is also the Harmon Kardon 3490 2.2 receiver that is around $300.00

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks  /t/1492519/cheapest-two-channel-receiver-amplifier#post_23780142

Whoops, my bad. Is under $100 possible? That is, anybody out there tested any sub $100 stereo amp/receiver?

This Sherwood can be had for less than $100.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sherwood+stereo+rx-4105+review&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

When ShopOnkyo has a 20% off sale and you sign up for ClubOnkyo for extra discounts, you can get this for just under $100.

https://www.shoponkyo.com/detail.cfm?productid=HT-R391&modelid=30&group_id=1&detail=1&ext_war=1

If you are willing to deal with just RCA inputs, then a whole range of used equipment on sale at thrift stores, garage sales, Craigslist, eBay, etc are options.

Plus, there might be an open box/clearance model at a B&M now and then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts