AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at yamaha only so I want to know what is their cheapest receiver that will upconvert to 1080p and also has RCA audio inputs on a component video input.

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
You may want to look at the RXV565. Keep in mind that if you have an HDTV, it will usually do a better job at upconverting than most receivers. It also has component with audio inputs and audio-only inputs. All of your video sources can be connected to the receiver with just one HDMI running to your TV.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by travon802 /forum/post/18171572

You may want to look at the RXV565. Keep in mind that if you have an HDTV, it will usually do a better job at upconverting than most receivers. It also has component with audio inputs and audio-only inputs. All of your video sources can be connected to the receiver with just one HDMI running to your TV.

well both hdmi sources are 1080p i was more concerned about Wii's 480p input being upconverted but as we all know it is gonna look bad no matter what converts it.

·
Registered
22,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai /forum/post/18171899

well both hdmi sources are 1080p i was more concerned about Wii's 480p input being upconverted but as we all know it is gonna look bad no matter what converts it.

If picture quality has some value to you, then pass the analog video out to the display as analog and do no conversions at all. IF the quality is only of minor importance, you can let the AVR convert to HDMI but not upscale. If quality is of no importance, let the AVR upscale.

The differences are apparent, and your display is much better at converting and upscaling than the AVR will be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts