Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I just finished making some custom screens to control my HTPC using Netremote.

I like to keep it simple so I don't scare my wife away. I also have custom system screens for myself that I did not yet convert to the new look.

It just shows of what is possible with some imagination and free tools.

I use Netremote in conjunction with Girder (the brain) and myHTPC as a front end on the TV for the complete system.

I incorporated Button feedback and status indication along with mp3 artist/song title display.

Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the selection screen

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the Bell Expressvu 4700 Control screen

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is my winamp control screen showing the use of the button and status feedback along with the button press change in button colour and Artist/Song title feedback window

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my TV favourite channels so I don't have to use the keypad

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my TheaterTek control screen

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And finally the radio tuner screen

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here is a quick and dirty description of my system as of right now.

NetRemote running on custom Webpad built out of old laptop connected to the LAN using a 10/100 NIC. HTPC running Girder, myHTPC, TheaterTek, Winamp, Dscaler etc.

Girder is interfaced with an ATI rf remote, UIRT2, VFD out of point of sale terminal all attached to custom built HTPC case.

37" XGA monitor used as primary tv viewing is conncted to an ATI radeon 9500 primary output and Marquee 8000 CRT projector used for movies connected to the DVI port.

The system can be used in two modes: using the ATI remote and navigating myHTPC front end or by using the NetRemote interface sitting on my end table.

Here is a picture of my Webpad

Laz

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I made the laptop screen into a touchscreen.

I was in the same boat as you regarding the touch screen looking all over the web.

The touch screen was bought locally from a company that sells point of sale terminals for restaurants. They have touchscreens from 10" up to 17" for flat panel displays but they are OEM and do not sell to the general public.

I was pretty persistent with the manager and he finally gave in and sold me the unit. It is a serial interface and they also have USB versions.

The touchscreen is atached to the LCD using a very thin 2 sided tape.

BTW the laptop is a NEC versa P133 with only the motherboard and lcd everything else was removed and the good part is that it only cost me $5 for the whole laptop.

Laz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.