1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's pretty cool. It gives some ideas if I ever getting around to learning Photoshop.

I made some "splash screens" for my DVD player using Powerpoint and Paintshop Pro, but they're all relatively crude.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My S9000ES has a "picture memory ". I'm not sure how common this feature is, but I can save a still (usually from a DVD) to memory, and it will show up as my intro screen when I power up the player.

I used Powerpoint to create a couple of personalized jpegs and downloaded a few from the Internet. I used (Paintshop Pro) Animation Shop to make these into an AVI slideshow file, then used a shareware program to convert the AVI to MPEG, which could then be made into a VCD job by my burning software and written to a CD-R.

Contrary to specs, my S9000ES (usually) reads CD-Rs. I pause the slideshow on the image I want, then save it to picture memory and I'm done.

I'll bet there's a much simpler way to do it, but that's what I was able to come up with on a boring afternoon.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rphjim/theater.jpg

or when I'm planning to show a foreign language flick:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rphjim/cinema.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's one more.. =>

Not really sure what I'm going to use them for.. jsut experimenting around with Photoshop.. Every so often I get a big urge to improve my art skillz.. I look at some of the real geniuses with the software, and I sigh and duck my head in shame.. =

·
Registered
667 Posts
Here's one of mine.

Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
does anyone know of any other players that have this feature? It seems pretty cool! But my personal preference will not allow me to purchase that particular player. Any alternatives to that player or what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.