AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
461 Posts
Does anyone know when these new models are due??? I am ECSTATIC to see that someone at Panasonic has finally figured out that their ass-ugly silver bezels just didn't work for so many people, and that they actually sold their plasmas, in spite of this awful design flaw!


Another observation is ....LOOK OUT PIONEER!!!!!! It's always been my belief that Pioneer built the best looking plasmas (taking into account both picture quality and aesthetics)! Most believe Pioneer offers better picture quality, but, not by a huge margin, to justify the cost. I think this new design for Panasonic is going to allow them to steal some market share away from Pioneer! I know I'll be in line for one of these great looking sets!


John from Boston
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
What is the expected price on these?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma869 /forum/post/0


Does anyone know when these new models are due??? I am ECSTATIC to see that someone at Panasonic has finally figured out that their ass-ugly silver bezels just didn't work for so many people, and that they actually sold their plasmas, in spite of this awful design flaw!


John from Boston

Well said, especially about the crappo silver design!


Concerning availability, a press release from Panasonic indicates that the new look will be available already in "spring 2007" (vs. summer) - please see the first post in the thread 'CES: Panasonic 2007 Plasmas' for a link to the press release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
The floor stand is awesome. Notice the Silver border remains on their versions.


It's funny, on the CES 2007 Panasonic plasma thread I originally mentioned the PX75-Series looked like the PX60-Series but in Black then a few days after my post, I got a Panasonic CES photo {which I posted} and the PX75-Series did not look anything like a Black PX60-Series, So I had to make a correction. Now it seems I was right all along. The PX75 is a two-tone Black 10th Generation version of the PX60-Series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Do you think the PX77 is really the PX600 replacement, or just an upgrade of the PX75?

Maybe the sound is a notch below the PX600, and maybe there is not this little extra plus in picture quality (I know it's a debate, but here in France, a lot of people including myself, and not the retailers, noticed that the PX600 picture was above the PX60 despite the fact that it was identical on paper.)


Besides, if Viera picture processing is better in 2007, maybe the PX600 replacement doesn't need a bonus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomriv /forum/post/0


Do you think the PX77 is really the PX600 replacement, or just an upgrade of the PX75?

Maybe the sound is a notch below the PX600, and maybe there is not this little extra plus in picture quality (I know it's a debate, but here in France, a lot of people including myself, and not the retailers, noticed that the PX600 picture was above the PX60 despite the fact that it was identical on paper.)


Besides, if Viera picture processing is better in 2007, maybe the PX600 replacement doesn't need a bonus.


The PX77 appears to be a completely new line up. We won't know if is a replacement until we see the specification sheet. Once I see a VGA input I'll know is a replacement to the PX600 line up. It won't surprise me if this is just for the U.S. market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I would tend to believe spring as two retailers near me are already advertising clearance deals on the PX60s, and they are listing them as limited quantities. I wouldn't think they would bother cutting price as much as they are to clear them out unless the new ones were very near.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
Did anyone catch the "Viera Style Gallery"? You can see how your TV will look in your 1- Luxury Residence, 2- Ocean view Condo, 3-Modern Resort Residence, 4- Forest Villa.


What about your crappy small 3-bedroom house???
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat /forum/post/0


Did anyone catch the "Viera Style Gallery"? You can see how your TV will look in your 1- Luxury Residence, 2- Ocean view Condo, 3-Modern Resort Residence, 4- Forest Villa.


What about your crappy small 3-bedroom house???

For the price they want for those things... at least Panasonic has targeted the correct segment of the A/V market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat /forum/post/0


Did anyone catch the "Viera Style Gallery"? You can see how your TV will look in your 1- Luxury Residence, 2- Ocean view Condo, 3-Modern Resort Residence, 4- Forest Villa.


What about your crappy small 3-bedroom house???

now that brought me to tears
, wait, don't we all have one of the above
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top