AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Argh!

Although I think the statues would be distracting, it would be fun to have access through the curtains, then when the lights go out, pull the pirate back through the wall, step through in costume, and have a little fun with "interactive" theater!

Randy

·
Registered
164 Posts
CptnRandy,

I'm glad you said the pirate and not the guy with the skirt.... now if it was a kilt it might be a different story... and definitely not a interactive theater for the young ones!

Jerry

·
Registered
164 Posts
Now that you mention it... Is there a widescreen version of Ben-Hur?....

"the S***'s gonna hit the fan now!" :D

·
Registered
24,936 Posts
Randy,

A real comedy fan you are :D( and one of the all time best ). I'm a person who likes to have enough theater accents so that the room doesn't look like a lab but ( and obviously this is just my opinion) there is a point at which some even extremely expensive HT designs , begin to remind me of Fred Sanford's house.

Art

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Art - right you are - need to go out and find a copy. Haven't seen "Airplane!" in years (although I could probably quote you more than half the script!).

BTW - I think the garish design is to hide the Bose speakers . . .

Randy

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hopefully I my final HT will be as nice as Art's or Randy's, both are inspirations to my design. I too prefer an unclutterd look. The statues would look good guarding the theater entrance... maybe I'll trade the pirate for Braveheart... no not related...

Although I do like Randys idea.... as a Pirate....

Jerry Wallace

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Thanks, guys!

The candy counter is a custom job. I described what I wanted to the cabinet guys - sent them a couple of photos of commercial theater counters, and they whipped it up. It's perfect for the space. I've got new bar stools coming soon and a table and chairs setup to go under the hanging tiffany lamp. I'd love to get the "lobby" decorated and finished this fall.

Randy

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
a little outrageous,but not that bad...get rid of the statues and the owner might be on to something...

brickie

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love the meter behind the mirror! Awesome. In one of your pics that looks like a crosley payphone on the wall.If you have the manual, can you check if there's an address or phone # to order the keys? I received one as a gift, but it was an open box with no keys or manual. That spot in the corner where the folding table is would be perfect for a poker table btw.

;)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cookiefactory
I love the meter behind the mirror! Awesome. In one of your pics that looks like a crosley payphone on the wall.If you have the manual, can you check if there's an address or phone # to order the keys? I received one as a gift, but it was an open box with no keys or manual. That spot in the corner where the folding table is would be perfect for a poker table btw.

;)
I cheated on the pay phone got it here

Much lighter than a real one, too.

Thanks,

Randy

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
CptnRandy,

Just checked out your theater and would like to add my compliments to those posted earlier. Elegant, functional and fun. GREAT job!

htomei

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.