AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a G1000 projector with almost 900 hours on the bulb, and I'm looking around to find a bulb to replace it. I've heard of the cermax bulbs available from Atlas lighting, which I understand go for $550 or so. My understanding is that most folks are using the 500W bulbs, but it's interesting that Atlas's web page lists some varying wattages for different D-ILA projectors:

http://www.asltg.com/VideoProjection...ThroughJVC.htm

Which says:

JVC-HUGHES DILAG10/G11

JVC-HUGHES DILA G15

JVC-HUGHES DLA-G10 400 W Xe

JVC-HUGHES G1000 500 W Xe

It seems odd that the G1000 would have a higher wattage bulb than the other projectors, so I'm going to assume that the G1000 normally comes with a smaller 400W or so bulb like the others, and that the "500W" listed was a typo.

From what I've been hearing, it sounds like most folks are using the 500W bulbs in their G15 projectors, so that should be fine in my G1000 I believe.

Anyway, two questions:

- I'm considering buying a bulb from a dealer that claims it's a brand new bulb designed for a DLA-C15. That should fit the G1000 just fine right, since the C15 is the same as a G15 with a different lense right?

- Anyone know of a way to see if a xenon bulb is brand new or not? I'm assuming that a used one would get some hazing or something, but just wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to check it out.

-Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.