AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cox has supplied me with what i believe to be a motorola 62xx unit. (there is no model number anywhere on the unit, front, back top or bottom, no instruction manual and no model number on the remote). reading up on the thread for recording HD broadcasts using CapDVHS, i am attempting to access the setup menu of the STB to check the firmware and other settings...however, the only menu (and menu items) i have access to are TV format (16:9, 4:3), resolution, and 4:3 override resolution. there are no other menus accessible on this STB, either with it turned on or turned off when i attempt to access them. how can i find out what firmware version this unit is running?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you click menu you get the following choices, all under the "Preference" heading. there are no other headings than Preference:

Sleep

Alarm

Favorite Channels

Skipped Channels

Timer Review

Purchase Review

Parental Control

Language

Audio

Settop Clock

Settop AC Outlet

VCR Controller

if you clock Menu with the power off you get the following choices, all listed as "User Settings" with no other choices:

TV Type

YPbPr Output

4:3 Override

Closed Caption

Restore Defaults

also, the guide linked above only covers Motorola DVRs and the page itself is quite broken.

does anyone know how to actually check the specs and firmware on this Box?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
1) Turn off STB

2) Within 2 seconds depress "select" key

3) Use navigation buttons to scroll to the Diagnostics Menu

4) Go to "d08" ("Code Modules")

You should find the firmware version there.

Now, does anyone know how to reboot the 6200 using buttons on the front display? I used to know, but can't remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.