AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was very nice to finally get this done, and I really enjoyed working with Cheezmo on this project, but i am going to wait 3 to 4 days to truly get used to it, before I size it all up, as to what all the differences are, and there are many so far.

·
Registered
853 Posts
If Steve did it, it is perfect.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
First Impressions-

Soft

Dark

smooth...

warm

But give it a couple days is right... it will grow on you.

Much like most people like the "cool" or "high" color temp at first but once you get used to D6500K the colors seem wrong any other way.

And, the sharpness... seems soft, but really your getting more midrange detail that you jsut have not noticed or adjusted to.

Takes some getting used to if your used to out of the box....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
First Impressions-

Soft

Dark

smooth...

warm

But give it a couple days is right... it will grow on you.

Much like most people like the "cool" or "high" color temp at first but once you get used to D6500K the colors seem wrong any other way.

And, the sharpness... seems soft, but really your getting more midrange detail that you jsut have not noticed or adjusted to.

Takes some getting used to if your used to out of the box....
I meant that in order to truly access it you need to see many programs, in many different settings, and even in different relaxation levels, i.e.- like I already based my current views, and anything drastically different whether good or bad takes adjustment, and for a brief period different feels foreign by it's nature, so in order to give information that is both accurate and most helpful, it is only fair that I wait. Thanks for reading and your input Mfusick.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted Help!!
I meant that in order to truly access it you need to see many programs, in many different settings, and even in different relaxation levels, i.e.- like I already based my current views, and anything drastically different whether good or bad takes adjustment, and for a brief period different feels foreign by it's nature, so in order to give information that is both accurate and most helpful, it is only fair that I wait. Thanks for reading and your input Mfusick.
Those impressions I listed above are quite typical...

Your doing the right thing in giving it time... The more you live with it, the tougher it will be to go back to "out of the box"

My dad's tv only had the 480i section calibrated and not the 1080i section, and now that he has a HDTV box for DirecTV he uses the S-video and 480i ouput and not the Component 1080i input because he says the 480i input has "better colors"

My dad has no clue about calibration or anything like that.. he does not even know his TV is calibrated (lol:) ;) :D ;) )

He just knows what he likes and he likes the D6500k of the 480i input....

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted Help!!
So what do you think?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You go to a thread over a month old and bring it back to life by saying I don't own a TV but the post is about my calibration. It is really stupid, but wait, it isn't funny though, so what is suppossed to be the point?

Did you get lost on old posts and forget people without a new response in a long time move on or are you new and your lack of how site works came out in the form of this?

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Addicted Help!!,

I actually chuckled at Tom's remark...with all of the trouble you had with you 65 inch you HAVE to have a little sense of humor. I am glad you like your 57 Inch. I have one myself and enjoy it a lot. Only one more tweak to go for me and that is lining the lighbox with the Duvetyne (which arrives tomorrow). Did Cheezmo do this for you? I had my set ISF'd back in January by Robert Busch.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.