AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very much excited for this one fellas. This ensemble comedy may turn to be this year summer block buster sleeper if this year ws any indication of last year's big BB let downs.

Jon Favreau is wearing all 3 hats in this one as actor, director, & producer so I think we'll get something like Iron Man & not Cowboys and Aliens

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the official trailer...Hell yeah it doesn't look bad, bet it will be the sleeper after the usual big summer floppers fall by the wayside. What's better than food & movies?

·
Registered
8,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1521855/chef-jon-favreau-scarlet...tin-hoffman-and-bobby-cannavale#post_24581050

Here's the official trailer...Hell yeah it doesn't look bad, bet it will be the sleeper after the usual big summer floppers fall by the wayside. What's better than food & movies?
With the price of movie tickets these days people save their money for the blockbusters, sleepers only survive when people go the theater.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet  /t/1521855/chef-jon-favreau-scarlet...tin-hoffman-and-bobby-cannavale#post_24581680

With the price of movie tickets these days people save their money for the blockbusters, sleepers only survive when people go the theater.
It may be the best movie ever. Reviews may say it will change your life. There's no way I'm going to the theater to see it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1521855/chef-jon-favreau-scarlet...ffman-and-bobby-cannavale/0_100#post_24582957

It may be the best movie ever. Reviews may say it will change your life. There's no way I'm going to the theater to see it.
That can only mean one thing...there isn't a GF or wife in your statement.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67  /t/1521855/chef-jon-favreau-scarlet...tin-hoffman-and-bobby-cannavale#post_24586701

That can only mean one thing...there isn't a GF or wife in your statement.
My wife won't want to waste a theater trip on it either.

EDIT: To clarify...the movie may be excellent, but with the price of going to a movie these days, finding a babysitter, taking the time to go, the post by Tenthplanet above rings true for me about going to the theater for the blockbusters. Dialog driven films can wait for home viewing.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe Chef only grossed 16M,..even the horrible bombed I Frankenstein grossed more. Well you know there's always a silver lining from this dark cloud is that it will be on dvd & Showtime any day now sooner than expected which is great for me :nerd:

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the general public I guess, but plenty of people probably have by overestimating. I have it on my Netflix saved list, so I'm doing my wee part.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Glad I finally got to see this. Knowing it was Favreau's movie this ended up being NOTHING like I expected (Swingers 2:We're Not in Kansas Anymore). Chef is a straight up family-dramedy. What a great feel good flick & easily one of my favorites from 2014.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Received the BD today...will spin it up tomorrow night.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Excellent movie from Jon Favreau.
Perfect as a "date movie."

Heartwarming slice of life; the Ups & Downs of living in a world of complicated relationships.
There are tears...and there are laughs.

RD Jr. has a cameo and is absolutely perfect (hilarious too).
ScarJo is excellent, as is John Leguizamo and Dustin Hoffman.

Great acting, smart writing, and directing.
What's not to like here?

This is a movie with adult themes, not something for a Saturday Night HT Invite event.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Excellent movie from Jon Favreau.
Perfect as a "date movie."

Heartwarming slice of life; the Ups & Downs of living in a world of complicated relationships.
There are tears...and there are laughs.

RD Jr. has a cameo and is absolutely perfect (hilarious too).
ScarJo is excellent, as is John Leguizamo and Dustin Hoffman.

Great acting, smart writing, and directing.
What's not to like here?

This is a movie with adult themes, not something for a Saturday Night HT Invite event.
Watch this:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts