AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there was a similar thread from a year ago, but I thought that I start anew rather than reviving a long dead thread. I ordered from Chesky last summer, and never received my order. No replies to emails either. I ended up reversing the charge (my card was charged the minute I placed my order BTW). An associate from work placed an order a month ago, and has left several messages since with no reply.

I wish that I had checked the forum before I ordered, or before lending some disks that I'd purchased at RMAF to my associate and getting him interested in some of Chesky's titles. Last year's thread indicated the same problem. Are there any reliable sources for Chesky titles?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just checked their website and it is still up. New releases are listed and checked out one by an artist, Valerie Joyce-'New York Blue' and a couple of music review sites note it as a 2010 release.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Never mind, bad info

'
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 /forum/post/19639086

Just checked their website and it is still up. New releases are listed and checked out one by an artist, Valerie Joyce-'New York Blue' and a couple of music review sites note it as a 2010 release.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbawilly /forum/post/19623681

I noticed that there was a similar thread from a year ago, but I thought that I start anew rather than reviving a long dead thread. I ordered from Chesky last summer, and never received my order. No replies to emails either. I ended up reversing the charge (my card was charged the minute I placed my order BTW). An associate from work placed an order a month ago, and has left several messages since with no reply.

I wish that I had checked the forum before I ordered, or before lending some disks that I'd purchased at RMAF to my associate and getting him interested in some of Chesky's titles. Last year's thread indicated the same problem. Are there any reliable sources for Chesky titles?

I was one of those that had a problem getting my order from them. I found a phone number where I actually talked to a person. It still took a couple more calls to finally get my order and they included one of their samplers with it too. Then around Christmas 09 I received a package with three of their SACDs as a thank you for being a customer. I thought that may be a signal of their turn around, but evidently not. I go to Amazon or other sources for any Chesky recordings I want now. It's a shame since all of the recordings that I've purchased from them have been nothing but outstanding. It would be nice to be able to go to one website and have access to their full catalog.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is very sad. I looked for them at ces last month and they were know where to be found. I too agree, there stuff is some of my most favorite music. Rebecca Pidgeon The Raven, one of my most loved cd's.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Merv43 - I'm a little late to the conversation but if you do not have it already, you should pick up the Rebecca Pidgeon Hybrid SACD. It is still available on Amazon for a reasonable price. Since this is a bit of an audiophile favorite, it will probably go up in price a lot when it is no longer available.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmonkey2000 /forum/post/20093297

Merv43 - I'm a little late to the conversation but if you do not have it already, you should pick up the Rebecca Pidgeon Hybrid SACD. It is still available on Amazon for a reasonable price. Since this is a bit of an audiophile favorite, it will probably go up in price a lot when it is no longer available.

It's easy to get. Just try to order the Chesky Ultimate Demonstration Disk -- I've tried twice through Amazon, and each time I get a Rebecca Pidgeon SACD inside.

I've also tried ordering and contacting Chesky directly. The web site seems to process the order, but nothing ever happens (no charge, no disk, no response to calls).

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Try HDTracks.com that site is owned by Chesky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts