AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us Chicagoland members are planning on meeting up at the Tweeter store in Downers Grove at the intersection of 75th and Lemont Road. The location is easy to get to from all areas (25 minutes from downtown Chicago), has enough room for us to meet up and has plenty of restaurants and shopping around (good for dropping off the wife to go shopping while we meet...trust me there is enough shopping for the wife or girlfriend to be busy for hours). The day and time has not been set but a Saturday afternoon may be the best time for all. Anyone who is interested, please post what day and time would work best for you. We will decide on a day and time based on what will work for the majority.

This will be a good opportunity for us to meet one another and check out the latest gear, do comparisons (side by side) and promote hd to potential buyers. Maybe if there is enough of us, we can get Tweeter to give us a group discount on merchandise. If you have any other ideas for the "day" please post.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Count me in. Saturday works best for me for me as well.

Shopping is the perfect escape vehicle. I am pretty flexible on the date as long as we plan in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would like to meet up to. I am kind of new to the HDTV arena and looking to make the jump and get a Tuner, so I can pick up some HDTV channels. I have the television already. I would Love to check out the new Tweeter store. As long as we plan in advance a Saturday will be good for me. Take Care All from Tom

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Saturday, December 1st is looking like the best day for us. I would think that noon till 3 would be a good timeframe. Lets shoot for this day and time. Sound good?

Frank,

there is a Homerun Inn pizza across the corner from the Tweeter. Have you ever been to the original in the city? Very good pizza.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by chi_guy_44
Hey kipp that should be a good day for me. I will try and be there for sure. I am near O'Hare though. What's the best way to get there. I have not been down to Downer's Grove in a while. Thanks from Tom
Tom,

there are two ways for you to go:

1) 294 south to 55 south to Lemont road north to 75th st (about three miles north). The store is on the northwest corner of the intersection of 75th and Lemont.

2) 355 south to 75th st. Go east on 75th to Lemont road (about a mile east). Tweeter will be on your left on the northwest corner next to the Amoco.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hey, maybe if we get enough guys to show up we can become a linch mob and go take over WBBM and do it THE RIGHT WAY and get them up and running full power (AT&T be damned)!!!

You guys know by my previous remarks about WBBM that I would be MORE THEN UP FOR THIS!!!!;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Also, maybe we can get a demo of the differences between Superbit and non-superbit DVD's! I have yet to do a comparison and would like to see if I can see a signifigant difference! Although the linch mob sounds like more fun!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys...since I work in the actual store that you will be visiting...I will be there also! It is a great opportunity for you guys to check out the new Tweeter layout and give any tips on any ways to improve the promotion of HDTV!! I look forward to meeting all of you!!

Jesus J.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Kipp thanx for the info and I should see ya there!! Also Jesus it will be cool to meet ya and take a look at the layout. Like I said in an earlier post. I do not have a HDTV tuner yet so I am looking to get one, but who knows I may not be able to wait until December 1st -- :):) OK see ya guys and Take Care from Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll be there, my wife will think this is just a reason to look for something else to buy.

I guess she knows me pretty well!

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a map link to the intersection where the store is located on the northwest corner next to the Amoco. The address on the map link is not the address of the store. 7501 Lemont road was only entered to locate the intersection.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...poititle=&poi=

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.