Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Zenith SAT-520.

For the last few nights, I have to power cycle the box to fix a problem with my OTA channels.

On average I get an 80%+ signal on all the OTA channels. WBBM is at about 70% and WTTW is around 55%.

But what is happening, is that I will turn on the box and get NOTHING on most of the digitial channels 2-1, 5-1, 7-1. And most of them are removed from the guide.

If I key in 5-1, and hit signal... It is blue grey bar below the 40% mark and not moving or anything, and says channel not found.

However, Analog , some sub-channels (7-2), and DirecTV work fine....

I power cycle the box, waith the minute or so to rebuild the channel list and all is fine.

In another thread, a Zenith expert thinks it could be one of the local channel broadcasts that might be freezing up the box...

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
How far are you from the WJYS Ch. 62 transmitter? Their signal could be overloading your STB.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... Looks like I am pretty close, does anyone know the exact street address of the transmitter for Channel 62?

According to antennaweb.org I am pretty close.

Can I get a filter just for channel 62? Since they are just broadcast analog from Hammon... Their digital is comming from downtown.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The FCC page lists their address as

18600 S. OAK PARK DRIVE

TINLEY PARK, IL 60477

Transmitter: 41° 33' 10" N 87° 47' 9" W for Analog

Transmitter: 41° 52' 44" N 87° 38' 10" W for Digital

Sears Tower [233 S Wacker Dr]

It looks like the analog transmitter on Channel 62 is SW of the Hancock and would be in Tinley Park, not Hammond.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yikes.....

I am like only five miles from the tower....

Yep, that would be cause for an overload... So how do I go about filtering it a bit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.