AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I've been planning a SONOTUBE style subwoofer for some time and need to find a source for sonotube (or the like) in the near north Chicago area. I'm looking for something bigger than the 4' long 18" wide at the local Lowes. A lot of my design will depend upon what size sonotube I can find.

I want to avoid a drive to, say, Wheaton or Lake Zurich or the like. Something in or very close to the North side of Chicago (I'm roughly at Cicero and Lawrence), please.

Thanks in advance for any help

Doug

·
Registered
107 Posts
dscrimager.

I live south of you about 80 miles . I had the same problem finding sonotube. I used the phone book and called around to concrete supply companys and they pointed me to a place in Morris Illinois that has a whole building full of the stuff. I know that Morris is way out of your way, but try making some calls to those supply companys in your area, they may be able to point you to a locale suppy company near you. I am sure there are at least a few close in the Chicago area.

Ed

·
Registered
538 Posts
there are a lot with pretty much any size you want . not hard to find concrete supplys in chicago land . if i can remember some of them i will let you know just open the phone book . i use to have some of the big ones written down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.