AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a name of a good Chicagoland antenna installer. I live in the burbs and am sick of adjusting my attic antenna every night. I need to get one on my roof.

I've asked a few people but they won't recommend who they used. They were not pleased with the work.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
ABT electronics does good work.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

I didn't know they carried antennas.

Jeff

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called them and they carry the Winegard 7080 and 7082.

They recommend I get the 7082. Did you guys get that one from them?

I don't want to get a so-so antenna just because it's the only one they carry. It may be a very good antenna, I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
145 Posts
When I bought my plasma display I already had an antenna installed on my roof, by whom I cannot remember, it was that long ago. I was merely recommending them based on the excellent service I had received during the purchase of my plasma.

Sorry I can't help you with the specific model numbers of the antennas

:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Winegard makes good stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the 7080 from Abt and had them install it about a year ago. They did a great job installing and the Winegard is a very good antennae.

Do a web search on the antennae you decide to go with and make sure Abt matches the lowest price you find.

JT

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Been there, done that, wouldn't do it again. They contract out installations to people of variable ability and the customer is expected to provide every piece of hardware for the installer. I had to go back to the store for different mounts because the guy didn't have the right ladder use the mounts I bought. I wound up having to amend the installation myself. I arranged the whole thing anyway because I don't like heights. Abt did my dish and did a fine job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
He's in Elgin at (847) 695-8166. Super nice guy who is coming out this afternoon to install a winegard 7082 for me in my attic. This is the third job I've had him do in 7 years and I recommend him highly.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.