AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
So john your doing another GTG. You are the man.

OK, this is for the people reading this thread and never met any of us. Our goal/motto is to get our ranks in the hundreds and bring everyone in the fold. Your first meet is a tiny bit awkward but after the first 10 minutes your right in the circle of trust
. Don't wory if you don't have a pj or the latest and greatest gear- its just a hobby and it's lot of fun to see how systems come together and maybe pick up a few pointers. So there you have it, come one come all.

I'm looking forward to hosting a meet myself, though not dedicated it is an integrated venture. Hell at this rate, we won't need any stimulus money- won't have time for it

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG386 /forum/post/16059186

So john your doing another GTG. You are the man.

Well I wouldn't really call it a GTG.... far too formal for this event.... however it's quickly rolling into another GTG.

At this point I'd like to call it

an opportunity for all of you to come out and hear the best there is to be had in HT sound...

and for me a last hurrah enjoying HT audio nirvana and my return to audio inferiority...

Nothing worse than actually having the best in your room... then having to let them go.. hopefully they are like the one you really love.... let them go and if its true love they'll return

Lastly there appears to be some date conflicts with some ... not sure if we'll reschedule or work around the conflicts.. as of now lets keep shooting for the 18th but stay tuned

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman /forum/post/16061359

an opportunity for all of you to come out and hear the best there is to be had in HT sound...

Sure are building up the expectations there. I'm always looking forward to hearing the best there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman /forum/post/16061359

and for me a last hurrah enjoying HT audio nirvana and my return to audio inferiority...

You know it is perhaps the most brilliant sales technique. Kind of like loaning out a Ferrari for a month, and then coming to take it away from you.... to bad that tiny mortgage mess is going on!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I'm in! Would love to get another chance to listen to the Catalysts with the center behind the SMX screen up and running.
I can bring beverages and some snacks.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
This is a bit off topic but wonder if someone could PM me with the name of a reputable installer that has experience with Integra 9.x. in the Chicagoland area. Trying to help someone else who is looking. I got my 9.9 from an Integra dealer but don't know if they actually are any good so I thought I'd ask you local guys if you've had any experience.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
You are crazy. You still Have the catalysts setup at your place? Nice I am coming by.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty N8 /forum/post/16085801

You are crazy. You still Have the catalysts setup at your place? Nice I am coming by.

Indeed, the trio of Catalysts are doin' they're thing nicely.

Megan & I were out at John & Jen's on Saturday night to check it out and enjoy a movie. We definitely found a few new rattles in his room (mostly the ceiling
) and I know the last few adjustments I'd like to make to the sub's limiting and the low end of the Catalysts related to the

·
Registered
783 Posts
Any chance of leaving the perfectly tweaked, final set up rolling through the 25th? That way we could take in the best in audio at John's and then step out his front door and into the shuttle over to Cliff's for the best in video!!

Doc

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Well count us in again for the April 18th jam session

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I'm busy that weekend, but will live vicariously through Wayne's pics.

Mike

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochlywd /forum/post/16104379

Any chance of leaving the perfectly tweaked, final set up rolling through the 25th? That way we could take in the best in audio at John's and then step out his front door and into the shuttle over to Cliff's for the best in video!!

Doc

Unfortunately it's a little more than a shuttle ride between Cliffy and me

·
Banned
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI /forum/post/16106684

I'm busy that weekend, but will live vicariously through Wayne's pics.

Mike

Mike I think its tme to quit your job so you can attend one of these things

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Looks like we're ramping back up for the 18th... Mark's post pretty much says it all. I may form an official list in the coming days to get a handle on who we might expect... but everyone is welcome.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
So will this be the first official CAVE/MIGHTE/whatever meet?

And I think Warpdrv not being available for the 18th is directly related to not wanting to deliver the said promised bus load of women.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I'm still bringing egg rolls

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Ha.... Tell my son on his golden b-day I'll be with a bus load of women when he is turning 18.... Not sure that would go well for me...

I really would love to make this date, I'll have to see if I can double down on this event, ultimately it would be doable if I could bring him along, and just layover in Chicago for the weekend, that may work...

What time are you looking to kick things off here Zambo

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/16120216

Ha.... Tell my son on his golden b-day I'll be with a bus load of women when he is turning 18.... Not sure that would go well for me...

I really would love to make this date, I'll have to see if I can double down on this event, ultimately it would be doable if I could bring him along, and just layover in Chicago for the weekend, that may work...

What time are you looking to kick things off here Zambo

Well a man would truely be understanding of a situation like that (this can be looked up in the man code)... and at 18 he's a man

181 - 200 of 280 Posts