AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Chief RPA-225 for mounting the PT-L300U to the ceiling? I need to mount it as I need off the coffee table. I tried positioning it to the side and using the keystone correction. It didn't work. I understand that keystone correction degrades the picture quality. So, don't want to use it.

My ceiling is 9' tall. I looked at the Chief RPA-225 and it doesn't seem to hang much farther from the ceiling. I don't know if I need to use a steel pipe or something to hang the projector down lower. At 9' feet height, is there a specific distance from the ceiling the porjector needs to sit? Do I need to have it 1' down from the ceiling or anything like that? I am trying to get an idea, so after mounting it on the ceiling, part of the picture won't up on the celing itself.

I see that on the bottom of the pj, there are some grooves, that look ready to accept bolts. Does the Chief RPA-225 use those? I don't want to drill anything into the projector.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a PT-L300u about a month ago and love it.

To mount it in my media room (I have nine foot ceilings as well), I purchased the Chief RPA-225. It matches up perfectly to the projector. No worries at all there.

I also purchased the CMA-100 which consists of a ceiling plate and an adjustable column from 24" - 46" in 3/4" increments.

Information about the CMA-100 from the Chief web site

I like it. It is extremely professional looking and very well built.

It works really well for me as it gives me the right height.

Best regards,

Burbub

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by BurBub
To mount it in my media room (I have nine foot ceilings as well), I purchased the Chief RPA-225. It matches up perfectly to the projector. No worries at all there.

I also purchased the CMA-100 which consists of a ceiling plate and an adjustable column from 24" - 46" in 3/4" increments.

Burbub
What is the height of the Projector from the ceiling? If I were to use the CMA-100, the minimum distance between the projector and the celing is 24+ inches, right? Did you fnd that not using a column to hang the projector down from the ceiling caused problems when projecting? I am trying to understand the distance between the ceiling and the lens. I would prefer to flush mount it if the projector can project down. I don't want to use any keystone correction due to my fears that it will make the picture worse. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.