AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chief RPM Elite Universal Projector Mount Interface Brackets Issue

I've attached a picture of the mount attached to a 5040ube and a picture of a piece of plastic that can come off of the interface bracket arms that allows the arm to become detached to the mount.

Am I attaching the mount to the projector incorrectly or do I just need to be careful that the mount doesn't slide around and detach itself from the arms?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,063 Posts
Properly assembled the arms don't slide around. That little piece of plastic looks more decorative than functional. You need to tighten the screws holding the arms once you have the ends secured to the projector. For the record I hate using the Chief universal mounts. Once you use the one piece steel adapter brackets made specifically for each projector you will never want to use a universal again. Quicker and more sturdy. Yours will work but next time think about ordering the custom bracket.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've attached a picture of the mount attached to a 5040ube and a picture of a piece of plastic that can come off of the interface bracket arms that allows the arm to become detached to the mount.

Am I attaching the mount to the projector incorrectly or do I just need to be careful that the mount doesn't slide around and detach itself from the arms?

Thanks!

Lots of folks have used the universal mount successfully, and I trust Chief to have engineered it adequately, but man the design feels sketchy. I'd recommend one of the custom mount plates, which you can order for many projectors from Chief, or if you're handy you could probably manufacture one yourself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Properly assembled the arms don't slide around. That little piece of plastic looks more decorative than functional. You need to tighten the screws holding the arms once you have the ends secured to the projector. For the record I hate using the Chief universal mounts. Once you use the one piece steel adapter brackets made specifically for each projector you will never want to use a universal again. Quicker and more sturdy. Yours will work but next time think about ordering the custom bracket.
Thanks! I tightened the arms up so they won’t slide around anymore. The universal mount did require a bit more play to find the right positioning but at least it’ll be useful for my next projector if/when the 5040ub dies on me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks!

Lots of folks have used the universal mount successfully, and I trust Chief to have engineered it adequately, but man the design feels sketchy. I'd recommend one of the custom mount plates, which you can order for many projectors from Chief, or if you're handy you could probably manufacture one yourself.
Once I fully tightened the arms they didn’t slide around. Just when I was first putting it together it popped that part off and I got a bit worried. I’ve got it mounted now and everything seems good. It was super easy to adjust after mounting as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts