1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Here's to hoping this is our Playstation Plus free game of the month for May.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24591328

They wouldn't be offering it for preorder for $14.99 if it were.

I supposed you're right.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Looks like Rayman, which I guess makes sense if they are the same engine. Crazy its not going to vita. Definitely picking this up.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy*  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24605395

Looks like Rayman, which I guess makes sense if they are the same engine. Crazy its not going to vita. Definitely picking this up.

The great graphics engine seems to be great for side-scrolling games. I wish this wasn't turn-based gaming as I'd much rather be engaged in combat than giving out commands and watching. I still may check it out for the platforming or other aspects but that is a huge turn off for me. Gorgeous looking game.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI, the demo is up on the store. I had to search Child of Light manually to see it.

The exploring aspect is cool and it is gorgeous looking (great looking world with a unique art style). I wish I didn't hate the combat.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Tried to purchase from my playstation app. Says there was an error and need to try again. On PC if I search Child of Light it only gives me the PS3 version, then takes me to a 404 screen. They arent trying to sell this very hard.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy*  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24661966

Tried to purchase from my playstation app. Says there was an error and need to try again. On PC if I search Child of Light it only gives me the PS3 version, then takes me to a 404 screen. They arent trying to sell this very hard.

This game releases today, and normally you can't buy any Playstation games until the store update blog post, which happens usually around 2-4pm PST; although, oftentimes you can grab them an hour or two before the official blog post in the online store.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Played for a few hours with my daughter. There is co-op but its pretty limited. Shes ok with what it is. Great game mechanics, gorgeous to look at, definitely worth $14.99. I've heard the game is roughly 12 hours long.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon  /t/1521122/child-of-light/0_100#post_24666514

Does it support 3D? The game style looks like they could easily do Trine-like 3D which would be sweet.

I dont think so. I didnt see any 3D options.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy*  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24666503

Played for a few hours with my daughter. There is co-op but its pretty limited. Shes ok with what it is. Great game mechanics, gorgeous to look at, definitely worth $14.99. I've heard the game is roughly 12 hours long.

Is the co-op element simple enough that a non-gamer girlfriend could pick up on it easily?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24667415

Is the co-op element simple enough that a non-gamer girlfriend could pick up on it easily?

Yes. Essentially just controls a companion on-screen with R-Stick.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster  /t/1521122/child-of-light#post_24667637

Cool. Thanks. Looking for an excuse to pick this up sooner than later. Guess I should at least try the demo.

Yea, try the demo first. I believe you can try the MP function in it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts