AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this is a pretty mundane question but how the heck do you put these things together. I'm usually pretty handy and I'm stumped!!!

Terry

·
Registered
469 Posts
Trafter,

Do you have just the RCA with the two silver coils? Do not know how to describe how to do it, but you just have to take each section seperately. one end can be done in the house, the second on the roof. run the foil through the eyelet, crimp around the eyelet to kinda hold the eyelet in place. Put the holder in place and drive the screw down. then you need to tighten the eyelets on both ends. Hope this has helped you as little, but I doubt it!! Good Luck

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You might consider two chimney strap kits (4 bands) if you are putting up a very big antenna that will catch a fair amount of wind. I had to install a second kit when the two bands failed to hold the CM4251 7' Parascope in high winds. Tom

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Are you asking about a DBS dish or antenna mount?

For antennas,

Channel Master has a heavy duty chimney pole mount for antenna mounting. It has three rivets and thicker metal clamps. It works real well.

I do not recommend the ratchet type antenna chimney mount that Radio Shack carries.

For DBS,

The RCA D915 chimney mount works real well, too. It has instructions that (I thought) were pretty clear.

In either case, the main issue is the condition of the chimney itself. It must be in excellent shape to use any of these mounts.

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys,

I figured it out by scoping out a neighbors. I was putting up a channelmaster 4221 that I bought from a local warehouse. I'm using a y- style mount and the antenna is bringing in 80+ signal strength on all local digital channels. Sometimes its good to live in Royal Oak.

Thanks for the input.

Terry

[This message has been edited by trafter (edited 05-20-2001).]

·
Registered
469 Posts
Terry,

I grew up in Royal Oak, it has come a long way since a bunch of spikes and green hair!! Where do you do all your shopping? Glad to hear you got your chimney mount figured out!!

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the antenna, mast and mounts from Bursma Electronics, a warehouse over on 9 mile Road. They're not really set up for hobbyists but are instead built for installers and pros. If you look long enough, you can still see some spikes and green hair in Royal Oak!

Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.