AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1329 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some background:

For those of you that don't know me, this is my second personal theater build. My first theater was the Blazing Ridge Cinema  (now approaching 1M views!), which I started back in late 2004. I finished out the whole basement as well. It was a great learning experience and I had a lot of fun doing it. As I posted into that build thread, I got great support and met so many people through the AVS family. I even managed to start a side business with Jason (jikkjack) and we built out several theaters. In 2011, I had a job opportunity in Knoxville, TN and went for it. I found a great house, with a finished basement close to work, that actually had a "media" room already completed. I started from there.....

Part Deux.

Waiting for the old house to close, its suppose to happen at the end of the month. Although I probably won't start construction right away, I can start thinking and planning. The wife wants to do a few things upstairs before we can get real busy with the theater and the rest of the basement.

Stay tuned.

Bud

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This should be good! Subscribed!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Version 2.OOOOOOHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

Cant wait to follow your 2nd build.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Woot!

Dollywood theme?

Hunter/Vol/Inmate Orange?

Gatlinburg Log Cabin Theater?

Will visit Sevierville soon, myself. Cabin reserved!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
^ I have a good friend who just (3 months ago) moved from the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Looking forward to watching this one! SUBSCRIBED!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glad I can be watching from "Day One".

This one's going to be a blockbuster for sure.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Like the others, I am looking forward to this build. Was blown away by your theater on the Home Theater Revealed DVD and imagine that this one is going to be even better. Hope all goes well with the house. Greg

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Subscribed! Your original thread was one that I sort of cut my teeth on when it came to room construction. Nastolgia and all....
I wish you a great adventure with this new room.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Quote:Originally Posted by Neurorad

Woot!

Dollywood theme?

Hunter/Vol/Inmate Orange?

Gatlinburg Log Cabin Theater?

Will visit Sevierville soon, myself. Cabin reserved!

Not sure I'd do any of the above.
Great area, isn't it though? Just found Wilderness in the Smokies yesterday online. The kids are going to have a blast there. Have not done the Dollywood thing yet and we actually haven't been up to the Smokies yet since we tend to go to our cabin in Blue Ridge, GA. We did go to the TN/GA game at UT. What a great place to see a game.

Bud

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm in for the ride...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 /forum/post/21079129

THERE. THAT'S all I'm going say.

I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be watching you Tom...

...and you too, Bud!

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Ah, the process begins. Version 2.0 in a new place. Very cool. Looking forward to watching the journey. I'm guessing that since Logan has entered so soon into the fray it's anybody game and now progress has gone backwards before it has even started.

Good luck with all of the closing processes.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Gotta watch !!! Go Bud !!

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Preview: I went downstairs with my iPhone to give you an idea of what I've got to work with. The video quality is crap and it looks like pretty bland. Well, it is.
I've got some work to do obviously.

The room is below the foyer and the dining room this time. Not sure about isolation and if I want to attempt anything with it. Double drywall? Maybe. Dunno. The house has uses trusses, so I should have any issues running wire, but may has issues running conduit.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling2004 /forum/post/21078521

Like the others, I am looking forward to this build. Was blown away by your theater on the Home Theater Revealed DVD and imagine that this one is going to be even better. Hope all goes well with the house. Greg

Thanks Greg, glad you enjoyed the other build. Hoping to do something a little different this time, got my fingers crossed.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE /forum/post/21082600

Ah, the process begins. Version 2.0 in a new place. Very cool. Looking forward to watching the journey. I'm guessing that since Logan has entered so soon into the fray it's anybody game and now progress has gone backwards before it has even started.

Good luck with all of the closing processes.

Regards,

RTROSE

I'll still be done before Logan! I guy can dream at least!.

Bud

1 - 20 of 1329 Posts