AVS Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1329 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #922 (Edited)
Picked up ten sheets of 7/16 OSB for the floor yesterday. Got a late start this morning, but instead of rushing through getting the floor down, I'm going to take a few days to put it down. Why? Well, as I got adhesive troweled on and the wood on top, it started to lift a bit due to the curvature of the OSB. I started using buckets of water to keep it down and eventually ran out of buckets. :) I'm going to do a few boards tomorrow and finish up later in the week.

Bud

Attachments

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Sometimes there is just not enough buckets. Looks like even though you are taking your time your supervisor approves of the progress.

Regards,

RTROSE

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
Sometimes there is just not enough buckets. Looks like even though you are taking your time your supervisor approves of the progress.

Regards,

RTROSE
Yes, he wants to be right there all the time, had to lock him out of the room when putting the adhesive down, so he was very happy to get back in there and hang out.

Bud

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hey Bud just checking in. I'm like RTROSE and lurk more then post anymore ;)

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #926 (Edited)
Hey Bud just checking in. I'm like RTROSE and lurk more then post anymore ;)
Thats what happens after your build, you stop building and watch movies! Except if you build more or have a part two. Done both of those as well. Big is the man though, he's like the Everyready Rabbit!

Bud

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Bud
Your new space looks like its going to pretty cozy and that's not a bad thing.

I do have a big garage project I'm about to start :)

Reactions: chinadog

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #929 (Edited)
Headed down to the theater room after a somewhat ****ty day to discover that the one board that was very flat curled up length wise. Look like it was trying to do a swan dive. I really tried to pay attention to the perimeter of the boards so they had enough adhesive as well. I didn't bucket this puppy because it was the flattest board I had amongst them. I popped a 1.5" Ramset in two of the corners by the wall and put all the buckets on the other corners, hoping that maybe it was still sticky underneath. If it doesn't help, I'll hit those corners with some good ole construction adhesive and stand on it for a week.

Bud

·
Deep Sea Sound
3,628 Posts
Wish I could have brought some of my many buckets over but most of them have holes or cracks somehow. Hope you're able to get everything straightened out (pun intended) :). And sorry to hear about the bad day, that's not cool.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #931
Wish I could have brought some of my many buckets over but most of them have holes or cracks somehow. Hope you're able to get everything straightened out (pun intended) :). And sorry to hear about the bad day, that's not cool.
Ah, no worries my friend.

I cut the lat two sheets of plywood just now and put them in place. No adhesive though, want to see how it'll lay. I'll glue it tomorrow and so some acoustic caulk around the perimeter. The weekend I'll mark up the ceiling soffits and coffered ceiling.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #932
Got the rest of my floor down finally. Sunday I took a ride to JD and got a bunch of MDF cut and bought some lumber. Worked on the soffits some yesterday, but stopped because I have to build out my supply boxes for the front and the return boxes in the back. I'll work on that this week.

I ordered a door from JD for the equipment closet, but was told the closest store that had what I wanted was in Blairesville, GA. Fortunately, that's not far from the cabin. I also need some linacoustic and the closest NB Handy is in Norcross, GA, so looks like I'll be taking a day or two off and driving all over the south to pick things up and keep things moving. :)

Bud

·
Deep Sea Sound
3,628 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #936

·
Deep Sea Sound
3,628 Posts
Interesting. DO they come in black do you know?

Bud
No clue...but I'm sure the lens comes off and a can of spray paint later will leave them a beautiful black. :)

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,198 Posts
921 - 940 of 1329 Posts