AVS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1329 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,221 (Edited)
Here's a shot of the rack. Still unfinished, need to put in the power conditioner, PS4, my Apple router and Drobo 5N2 (whenever it gets here). Also need to order some blanks.

Special thanks to Informed Logic here in Knoxville for their help. I purchased some equipment through them, shelves and they did the heavy lift on the rack equipment install and connections for Directv and my network.

Bud

Attachments

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,222
More drama from HD. The installers were suppose to be here between 9:00 and 11:00 and were a no show. I call and find out they heard back from HD that they cancelled the installation because it needed a remeasure. Well, they measured the HT twice already, I don't know why this is so freakinn' difficult. I called to talk to the manager who's not there and get ahold of a different manager and gave him an earful. Waiting for the call back. If I don't hear from him by 1:00 I'm heading over there and will go ballistic.

Bud

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That sucks. Man I'm fortunate. My HD is full of retired folks that work because they enjoy the interaction with people. They have all the time in the world for you and make sure the job is done right. I even had someone from the rental shop drive out to my acreage when the power rake quit.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,224 (Edited)
Well, they said it needed a remeasure and wanted to charge me again. I got hot on the phone and hung up, went down to HG and canceled the order. I went to the local guy, picked out carpet in 5 minutes measure Monday or Tuesday, two weeks for install. I guess if my seats come today, they'll sit in boxes in the basement for two weeks.

The person at HD I dealt with knows the situation - I have the measurement paper that says they ordered 12x13 foot carpet for a 4x13 stage, but he says the installers won't do it without a measurement. The guy who measured it or the company he works for should have record of two measurements, it's all electronic. So much for customer service and doing the right thing. I'm soooooo done with incompetence.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,230
Oh and the DirectV guy never came back yesterday, he was here Wednesday arguing with someone he works with that screwed up my order on the phone. They deleted the work order instead of updating it and he said he'd be back Thursday and never bothered to show. I don't understand how some of these companies make money.

Bud

·
Registered
158 Posts
Here's a shot of the rack. Still unfinished, need to put in the power conditioner, PS4, my Apple router and Drobo 5N2 (whenever it gets here). Also need to order some blanks.

Bud
Hi Bud,

Seems like the last time I looked in was about 11 years ago when you were on your last build and I was living in China.

What equipment are you installing in the rack?

Build looks great by the way.

Bob

·
Registered
5,833 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Getting close to the finish line Bud, don't sweat the small stuff!

We're all here with you, and take this like the first time you cut yourself in there: It doesn't count as DIY 'til the first time you bleed in there, AND the first time one of your tradesmen screws you over on an install date.
;)

Pretty soon you'll be in there, watching a movie, and you'll catch yourself looking around thinking of upgrades. :D

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,235 (Edited)
Trying not to, but I don't like things when they don't come to plan. There's more to it than just a remeasure. They had to special order the wrong floor when they had the floor I wanted at another store who had it in stock. They lost the remeasure information, they ordered the wrong base molding and shoe molding, they tried to charge me for moving furniture, installing the base molding and shoe molding, delivery, etc. They make me wait a month for nothing, then cancel on me without telling me, waiting for the installers. It was a complete disaster. Carpet should have been in with seats installed on Friday. I'd be wrapping up fabric and be fat, dumb and happy at this point. Not sure there was anything left that they could have screwed up. The attitude on top of the carpet screwup put me over the edge as well. :mad:

Regardless, carpet is ordered and waiting for the schedule guy to call, it should be in about two weeks. I'm going to move ahead with fabric this weekend, minus the bottom sections, since we're not doing the tournament thing this weekend.

Bud

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rack from the top down:

Two Triad Rackamp 700 sub amps
One Marantz SR7011 AV Receiver
One Luxul AGS 1016 16 Port network switch
One Oppo 4K Blu-ray Player Model UDP-203
One Apple TV Fourth generation
One DirectV HD Receiver H25-500
One Sony PS4 Game Console
One Panamax M5400-PM 11 Outlet HT Power Conditioner (not installed yet)
One Drobo 5N2 NAS 12 TB (not installed yet)
Crestron Controller stuff (not yet installed yet)

Bud
Same gear list in my theater 2.0,except I went with Martin Logan subs. Which Triads did you go with?

Killer

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,237
Same gear list in my theater 2.0,except I went with Martin Logan subs. Which Triads did you go with?

Killer
Ended up with the Silver inwalls (mounted on wall) for the LCRs and the Bronze 4 inwall Surrounds. The subs are the on wall cinemaplus silver subs. Sounds amazing.

Bud

1221 - 1240 of 1329 Posts