AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1329 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think there are two settings are far as speed control, but have not really played with it you. Since I don't have the projector box done, no real need to have it running. The temp probe helps, so it only kicks on when it needs to. I'm hoping that have the fan running and the system pulling air from the box may be enough to keep it from going on at all, but sort of doubt it. We'll soon find out.

Bud
Is your Cool Cube inside the box or out? Mine is located on the outside and as long the duct hosing is connected to it, it seems help the sound a lot. Although my box is not completely sealed up yet either. I've only tested it....

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,303
Is your Cool Cube inside the box or out? Mine is located on the outside and as long the duct hosing is connected to it, it seems help the sound a lot. Although my box is not completely sealed up yet either. I've only tested it....
On the inside, but haven't connected the ductwork yet. Seemed loud sitting on the counter (again, no ductwork). Getting close to completing it though, should have no excuses this long weekend.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,304 (Edited)
Doorknobs installed. Took a few pictures during the install since it was a little unusual than a typical doorknob install. Pictures later. This weekend I switch to painting around the outside of the doors and projector box. Will get back to rope light tonight hopefully. Starting to drag out. Maybe I'm just getting old. :)

Bud

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, the molding is on the finished MDF. I think these pictures will give you a better visual of how its constructed. With and without the acoustic panel and you can see the track.

Bud
The panels look great. Did you cover the yellow insulation with any material before putting on the gray fabric? Is that the DMD Executive gray?

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,308 (Edited)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bud your theater looks incredible! Love the color scheme. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

p.s. I've spent a lot of time in the Knoxville area. My dad was from Clinton. Love it down there and try to go back when I can.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Hi Bud,
Did you have any particular challenges with the sconce installations in the middle of the fabric? I know you used the Quest AI fabric track and that may have helped if the 2" track is actually 2" tall -- the FabricMate 1/2" track is actually 5/8" tall, not 1/2"! Just curious as I plan my columns ... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,312
Hi Bud,
Did you have any particular challenges with the sconce installations in the middle of the fabric? I know you used the Quest AI fabric track and that may have helped if the 2" track is actually 2" tall -- the FabricMate 1/2" track is actually 5/8" tall, not 1/2"! Just curious as I plan my columns ... thanks in advance.
No, not at all. I made sure I had those blocks of wood installed for the sconce to attach to. I used construction adhesive to attach those with a few screws to hold it until the glue dried. Predrilled the blocks and pulled the wires through. After the fab fabric was pulled overland secure, I just made a small hole in the fabric to pull the wire through. I didn't staple the fabric to the wood, no need. Just kale sure all the sconces are centered and are all at the same height.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,314
Man this room is looking really nice. You made all that molding seem so easy and I certainly know that it is not. Also, not sure if this has been asked, but have you decided on bar seats yet?
Hey, thanks. Appreciate it. The trim isn't tooooooo bad, it takes time (and money). You have to have a good chop saw and know what you're doing.

I was looking at Wayfair just the other day. Need 30" height, likely will do a swivel chair without a back. Not sure though. They have some decent ones, thinking about something like this, but not 110% yet:

https://www.wayfair.com/Armen-Living-30-Swivel-Bar-Stool-ARA2855.html

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,315
I made another attempt at fixing the rope light and failed. Can't figure out whats going on with it, so thinking about ripping it out and going with a different vendor for 120v LED rope light (already have all the track installed) or going with a simple blue light tape if I can hide the transformer in the crown in ceiling. Very annoyed.

Bud

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,317
Bummer about the lights Bud. I can't find the post where you go into what your symptoms are, shoot me a message if you'd like some assistance.

I put a ton in my theater, and have a couple of videos of my solution...
Thanks Doug. This isn't suppose to be difficult. Sections just don't work. Originally they said they had an issue with the Y splitter and polarity was a problem. We had to force the offset pins into the rope light upside dow, then we had to do something different for the next section but for whatever reason, I can't get certain sections to light or the rest of the rope light to even work. Not sure if it got damaged during construction or what, but it really is suppose to beI mean, it's partially working, so I know I'm not a complete idiot.

Bud

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel better, I got VERY annoyed a few times when working on my LEDs.

Running electrical connections is pretty cut and dry. There are rules and practices you follow, and everything works. Any breaker works with any switch, with any light.

With LEDs there are drivers that won't work with controllers, that don't have the same frequency as different strips.

SORCERY I say!! She's a witch, burn her!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, the molding is on the finished MDF. I think these pictures will give you a better visual of how its constructed. With and without the acoustic panel and you can see the track.

Bud
What black paint and finish did you use on the trim? I'm currently looking at different brands for my black trim and have a very similar color scheme.

1301 - 1320 of 1329 Posts