AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a pair of 683's to replace my 805's. Are the Chinese B&W's using the exact drivers, xovers etc as the British ones, assembly country being the only difference?

thx

bob

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
My understanding is that the only ones being made in Britain anymore are their premium 800 series Diamond speakers.

I don't believe that some 683s are made in Britain while other 683s are made in China.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
B&W has been making speakers in China for quite a few years. They basically have B&W production managers from England overseeing the operation. This insures that the speakers are made to B&W specs. The Chinese are well known for making counterfit parts. Put it this way B&W keeps a very sharp eye on their Asian production facilities they have a reputation to keep.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A /forum/post/19580974

B&W has been making speakers in China for quite a few years. They basically have B&W production managers from England overseeing the operation. This insures that the speakers are made to B&W specs. The Chinese are well known for making counterfit parts. Put it this way B&W keeps a very sharp eye on their Asian production facilities they have a reputation to keep.

Are the drivers made in China? Would the same FST mid driver be the same as the 800D version?

bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.