AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was totally sold on the 60PK550 and now I am thinking back to the PN58C540, man this is killing me.

Other than the DLAN is the Samsung any better, both prices are the same and these are the only two options I have. Just not really jazzed about a possible buzz issue on the Samsung and the LG gets some great review here, just need help pushing me back to the 60PK550.

So 60PK550 or PN58C540

·
Registered
72 Posts
You could also consider the Samsung PN58C6500/6400. Mine is extremely quiet and the AR coating on it is better than a buddy's LG50PK550. It isn't as good as the Samsung 8000 series, but it works for me.

Just a thought anyway.

Cheers

·
Registered
72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedoctor /forum/post/19613682

Ya I have been looking at the 6400 for a whlie but I need to save some money, the 60PK550 and PN58C540 are the same price and money left over to get a HTIB to get me going.

You should be able to get the 6400 for the same price. Don't pay list unless you're shopping online/Costco. There's wiggle room at all big box stores. They're far more willing to lower the price of the TV if you get an extended warranty or calibration. Give it a shot, you've nothing to lose.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I bought my 60PK550 on Black Friday... its beautiful... but

the reflections are horrible. Its like looking at a mirror.

The first pic was taken at night, with the kitchen light on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reflection was just to take our eye off the wall patches not painted yet weren't they? lol

Well it will be in the basement with no windows and the only lights are pot lights that I can dim so not sure it will be an issue or not.

I will head over to look at them tomorrow after work and make the call, it is my birthday so maybe I will get lucky at the store or when I get home lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I built a wall special for my TV when I did the basement and if I had the TV I would have been tempted to bolt it to the studs and drywall it later lol

So other than reflection do you like the set?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The TV's PQ is pretty good. It looks great at night, and it's aesthetically pleasing. There isnt any humming. I dont use the built in speakers, obviously.

Negatives

My Phillips LCD had a better PQ during the day, or with lights on

Every once in a while the screen goes blank for a couple seconds. Not sure why. It could be the FIOS, or my HK 347 AVR

The remote seems to have a limited working angle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts