AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some learned opinions of which of the following Plasma HDTV is considered the best and the reasons for this response.

(1) Zenith 50"

(2) Panasonic 50"

(3) Pioneer Elite 50"

(4) Fujitsu 50"

(5) NEC 50"

All these plasma HDTVs sell for around 10,000 and the specifications are very similar. There is no place to see them side by side. I have had 4 high end home theater experts ea. recommend one as opposed to the other.

Any responses would be highly appreciated.

gkardos

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
In order:

(1) Fujitsu - Uses Panasonic glass (The Best). Its AVM Video processing is top rated. The best for displaying regular tv.

(2) Panasonic - Best Contrast Ratio - Best Blacks - Smooth Picture.

(3) Pioneer - Bright & Sharp with punchy colors. Not great blacks. But that can be improved when used on bright rooms (Enhances Black levels)

Zenith - No much time with it

Nec - Never seen one.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
From my brick and mortar sightings....I agree with my fellow New Yorker....Glauco BruZZi's rating order.

Although I have yet to see the Panasonic 50-inch 6UY....since it is not out yet....but will be soon.

I am hoping for some big good reviews on this model.....and for the $$$ savings over the Fujitsu....may reposition the Fujitsi as 1A and the Panny 50-inch 6UY as 1B....but that has yet to be determined.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.