AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together my first separate 7.2 AV system and need help in selecting my amp. I have decided to go with the Marantz AV-7701 for my processor.

The amp will be driving three Fusion – 12 Tempest speakers LCR and not 100% sure what I’m using for the surrounds yet... probably the Fusion-8 Alchemy

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs1  /t/1511030/choose-adcom-gfa-7707-or-emotiva-xpa-5-and-xpa-2#post_24190890

Putting together my first separate 7.2 AV system and need help in selecting my amp. I have decided to go with the Marantz AV-7701 for my processor.

The amp will be driving three Fusion – 12 Tempest speakers LCR and not 100% sure what I’m using for the surrounds yet... probably the Fusion-8 Alchemy

Well, the Emotiva is one hell of a deal, but I personally like the Adcom. I am "brand loyal" to some extent. I have owned an Adcom two channel amp, two of their Pre-Pro's, and still own a five channel THX amp. I'm not technical enough to get into the differences between the two amps that you are thinking about, but would like to mention that the Adcom is a beast of an amp, and has a 20 amp plug that requires a dedicated 20 amp, 120V AC circuit, and a 20 amp, 120V receptacle. Are you prepared for that? Your speakers are high sensitivity speakers, so perhaps you don't need a "monster" amp. I don't know the room size, or your listening habits either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts