AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hong Kong user name is "Xplay"

Just before Xmas I set up a Hong Kong account on my PS3 so I could download Gran Turismo HD, at the time it was going to come out in Asia first & I wanted it as soon as possible.

I had tried 3 or 4 names but they were taken, so I was watching Xplay & decided to give that a shot & it went thru.

I only use that account to download stuff on the Asian site but one time I forgot to switch users & got on the Asian leader boards on GTHD.

Well I got back on tonight to see if anything new was on the Asia store & saw I had a message, so I opened it up & WTF!! There were 60-70 friends request all saying things like Adam rocks or Morgan is Hot!

I have no idea how these people even found my user name to send me messages but now I know why Adam & Morgan don't give out their user names!!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You had to see that one coming.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That show blows HARD. Unless of course you are age 12 or under.

·
Registered
810 Posts
funny story :)

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynn /forum/post/0

That show blows HARD. Unless of course you are age 12 or under.

Before they merged with G4, it was not so bad. There were subjective games reviews but it was clear. Adam did'nt like space games, it was funny to hear him say 'In Spaaaaaaaace!' every chance he could with a camera shake when reviewing them. Now, well, I removed the channel because it became unbearable. They really think only kids 8 year old play video games. It's like believing only peoples under 13 look at cartoons in Japan. Channel execs are so narrow-minded. Or it might be the marketeers.

But they really hit bottom for me on E3. How bad can you get? I hope they did'nt cancel E3 just because of the 'official' G4 coverage because it was awful. Even the new girl (that looked like she was the daughter of the channel president), was just acting cute while knowing (and saying it) NOTHING about games.

It really looked like a joke until I saw her on day 2...

And yeah, they pushed the ridicule to say that we should'nt use our PVR to fast-forward the publicity while they did'nt realise I forwarded THEM everytime I was seeing their face to see the games preview. It was a lot better on MUTE!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I swear to god Morgan is a robot. Look at that jawline... she's the friggin Terminator under there.

Anyway, you can change your user name, just create a new "user" (first option all the way over on the left of the XMB, not on the right). You can also change a setting so it doesn't automatically log in, and/or change it so that it doesn't flash you the "new message" icon every time you get a message...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I still enjoy Xplay. It is a shell of its former self but compared to everything else on that channel, its decent. Morgan's jawline is mentioned quite often. I think she has a very gamer next door charm about her, not a model look like Kristen Holt (please someone shoot her), Layla Kaylee (incredibly under rated and needs a bigger part then just doing the feed) and Olivia Munn (tries hard but knows nothing about tech). Morgan seems to atleast know about games.

Im an Xplay fan. But im not delusional. The show has been really lacking since they moved from San Francisco.

Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty L /forum/post/0

You should REALLY pretend that you're Morgan and hit on these guys

I don't think so!!!
LOL!

Everyone has there opinion, I just happen to like X-Play, I never saw the early shows from San Fransisco but Adam is funny & Morgan is easy on the eyes!

The theme shows crack me up & I look forward to more Morgan Von Webb!!

·
Registered
334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTstang /forum/post/0

The show used to be good before Morgan when it was extended play. Ever since it's been a downward spiral.

Well, even when she joined, it was still not so bad. They were reviewing game. Started to make sketch, jokes, developping their character, the boy without gf, the girl that push back all boys... It was annoying....

BUT

when they join the other side, they completely changed their language, they started to look at the popular games in I don't know what chart and started to crush and crash everything else. It's like a WOW is good, any other MMORPG is bad because it's show that way in a survey they did on some gamers. Really.

And then they started to add popular actors and US politician cutted mouth (looking like a worse version of South Park paper cut) doing voice-over them. Making sketch about that is one thing, I can mute and look elsewhere while I forward, but when it started poping up right in the middle of the game review with the game graphic under it. GOD!

I really feel going from once a week with little number of games and plenty of time to check them out to once a day (mon-fri), it was a death wish for the show. Sure the guy could'nt take it alone, they added Morgan (who was feeling the heat of The Screensavers), then the intern. Last time I watched the show, it was 50% interns talking and fighting with fake lightsaber or something like that.

And interesting tibit. The first Xplay show with Morgan, they were sit on the sofa and at one point, the camera moved from the head height level right to the floor to try to see under Morgan.... well.... I'm not joking.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose /forum/post/0

I don't think so!!!
LOL!

Everyone has there opinion, I just happen to like X-Play, I never saw the early shows from San Fransisco but Adam is funny & Morgan is easy on the eyes!

The theme shows crack me up & I look forward to more Morgan Von Webb!!

do a search on youtube for xplay. you will find alot of reviews from those san fran days that g4 no longer shows anymore. which is another pet peeve of mine. they show xplay like 5 times a day, yet its always shows from like the last year. how many times can i watch the same holiday special '06? or the same VP shooting a guy in the face joke from last year?

I would much rather see those classic xplay episodes but alas those were during the techTV/ G4TechTV days and g4 doesnt want to be associated with that anymore.

I think G4 must be paying an outrageous amount to produce this show now. it a fancy set with many flatscreens and globes etc. Multi cam set up where back in the old days it was the same set many techtv shows used and had one on the shoulder cam that gave all those funky camera angles kruly was talking about. That was smart production back then. But i dont expect G4/Comcast to be to bright when it comes to show production. sigh.

just did a quick search: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gG1neI7vUgM classic xplay and classic viewer mail. and Adam with hair!

·
Registered
712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragedogg69 /forum/post/0

Morgan's jawline is mentioned quite often. I think she has a very gamer next door charm about her

You have amazonian female cyborgs, with Sylvester Stallone type jawlines that play videogames as your next door neighbors?

·
Registered
620 Posts
you guys are freakin clueless on the actual delicious hotness of Morgan Webb. Do a google for her maxim(?) pics and you will see what I mean. I saw and met her in person at the National Show last year in Atlanta, GA in the Comcast booth, and she is primo. Very pleasant and cool with her fans. She took pictures and signed autographs. I also met Adam Sessler, he's a cool guy, kinda short though. Xplay not that great of a show I agree.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.