AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I currently have a Canon HF100 camcorder. My question is there a camcorder that will allow me to play smoothly on my computer right out the camera in HD format?

When I take the sd card and transfer it to my computer then play it, its choppy. I need to render it into avi/mpeg and play it. That will allow it to play smoothly.

I just want to play the videos on my computer without rendering.

I want them to play smoothly in HD format.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank You

· Registered
22 Posts
Nope. They are high bitrate files, so unless you have a pc with video card that can handle such files, u should be using 720p instead of 1080p or 1080i. It also makes a different if they are in 30fps or 60fps.

The other solution would be to look over the internet for people who had similar problem with the format ur HD content is in, and their solutions.

I had VPC-FH1, and I got choppy video wen I played at 1080p with 60fps, but they played fine at 1080p with 30fps. The solution for me was to change Media Player Classics's setting called Output to EVR. After that the video played smoothly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.