AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a media center 2005 based computer and would like to buy a big screen, HDTV monitor to use it with.

I was looking at the 1080p DLP sets made by Samsung, with new ones coming out by JVC, LG and others in the coming months. I was thinking to try for a 60 inch or so if I can afford it.

My questions are, 1) will this work well, with good enough resolution to web surf and run other PC apps from the same distance I would watch a movie from? (Note that because I have DirectTV (just moved to a rural location), that I will probably not use the PC as much for its DVR and other capabilities, but mostly for web surf, look at JPEG photos, play MP3 and web based audio, etc.)

2) What type of input interface would I need on the TV? I posted a question about this in the DLP TV forum and at first they seemed to indicate that I would be best with a HDMI input, but then at least one response indicated that VGA input (such as the Samsung has) will work too. ( I can get whatever video card necessary on the PC end.)

3) Does anyone here have such a setup who can give any feedback?

Thanks!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.