AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it too late in the product cycle to be considering this player? I've watched the price fall from $1500 US to $900 US. The only complaint I've read on this unit is its layer change speed. I've also been following the threads on new product releases scheduled over the summer. The yet to be released Marantz 8300 unit is intriguing. So, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
C Clark,

It's less than $800 at Crutchfield now. (Should be a great value at that price if you don't need to switch it between interlaced and progressive modes very often.)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ouch 799 at Crutchfield, is a great price. I would recommend the player, the layer change has not been a problem at all for me. I have not noticed to be that much longer than any other players I have viewed. Also as far the product cycle, this player does have DVD-A and the Sage chip so it is still a good changer. Heck I paid a 150 more and still would buy it at that price. Good luck in your search. (Sorry do not know about the Marantz since there the dealer here does not carry their DVD players)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll see if the local store will drop there price any. I'll get a chance to see it on Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.