AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently decided to buy a PS3 to play FF13 and I need a superb TV to hook it up to.

I've done a lot of researching and found mixed answers.

I've heard Plasmas are the best bang for your buck when it comes to gaming yet some people swear by LCDs and both parties have reasons to back up their preference.

My budget is 1000 bucks tops and my desired size is 46".

Now, there are 3 TVs I have my eye on, one an LCD and the others Plasma.

The LG 47LH85 is my first choice.

The Panasonic TC-P46G10 is my 2nd choice.

The Samsung PN50B550 is my 3rd.

I'm extremely lost as to which to choose. Keep in mind, gaming is the priority with movies/television way behind in 2nd place.

Maybe you guys can give me some other suggestions on different models/brands if you disagree with either of the above.

Help

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Either the Samsung or the Panasonic would make a fine TV. Given the size difference I would lean toward the 50" Samsung myself. A quick scan of bestbuy.com shows a 50" Panasonic TC-50PS14 for $980 that I would also take a look at.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It seems LCD has taken over the plasma market, but people that have plasma's swear by them? I have recently thought about getting a plasma for my bedroom just for watching TV.

I have a 52" lcd that I game on and I love it. Samsung makes a pretty good TV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've narrowed my 2 choices down to the:

Tc-p46g10

Tc-p46s1

I realize the g10 is better for watching movies and stuff but strictly for gaming, is there any difference between them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts