AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 4K compatible HDMI Cables from my receiver to my TV (15'), from my receiver to Playstation (5'), my cable box to my receiver (5'). What brand is the best?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I need 4K compatible HDMI Cables from my receiver to my TV (15'), from my receiver to Playstation (5'), my cable box to my receiver (5'). What brand is the best?
Just buy appropriate length Monoprice certified HDMI cables from Amazon and you should be good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just buy appropriate length Monoprice certified HDMI cables from Amazon and you should be good.
Excuse my ignorance to this I'm unfamiliar with this topic, is their a specific brand that I should be looking for?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
There are many sellers of certified cables with the QR code marker. Monoprice tends to be one of the lower priced ones. Blue Jeans Cables is another that is highly regarded.

Insist on the QR code.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Excuse my ignorance to this I'm unfamiliar with this topic, is their a specific brand that I should be looking for?

Just look for an HDMI cable that is labeled as Premium High Speed HDMI and comes with a QR label on the packaging for authenticity. That means the cable has been certified by HDMI.org to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options sets. The cables are passive and certification is only good up to 25'. Any cable mfr can submit their cables to an ATC (Authorized Testing Center) for certification so you have lots of choices. Just go with a well know mfr like BJC, MediaBridge, etc. Monoprice also sells Premium High Speed cables but they don't mfr their own cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just look for an HDMI cable that is labeled as Premium High Speed HDMI and comes with a QR label on the packaging for authenticity. That means the cable has been certified by HDMI.org to meet all of the HDMI 2.0 options sets. The cables are passive and certification is only good up to 25'. Any cable mfr can submit their cables to an ATC (Authorized Testing Center) for certification so you have lots of choices. Just go with a well know mfr like BJC, MediaBridge, etc. Monoprice also sells Premium High Speed cables but they don't mfr their own cables.

Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another story.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Second this, you should have no problem outputting 4K with a fairly short run. Going for 50ft above though is another sorry.

Any run over 25' (8m) and up to 90' (30m) the suggestion is to use a hybrid fiber cable like the Ruipro4k for 4k HDR. They are active cables and as such cannot be certified by HDMI.org, but the Ruipro active cables do go thru the same testing process by an ATC like the passive cables do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts