AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on how to choose a wall mount for my LCD. I've never considered buying one before, but I'm going to be in need of one in another week or so.

This is what I have and would like:

1. Samsung LN-S4051D. It's a 40" LCD that weights just over 50lbs.

2. The manual says that the "TV accepts a 200 mm x 100 mm VESA-compliant mounting interface pad." I have no idea what that means.

3. I would prefer a fixed mount so that the tv lays parallel to the wall, not tilting.

4. I imagine that I will need access to the back of the tv every so often, so easy access to the back is probably a good idea.

What specifications should I look for in a fixed wall mount? Any brands that are better than others?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Chief, Sanus, etc.. all have tools on their website's to tell you what mount works with what tv, punch in the model number and they give all the mounts they have that will work with your TV.

If you want easy access to the back of the TV get a tilt mount, that way you can tilt it back to get access to the inputs. Avoid slim mounts or anything that holds the TV very close to the wall.

·
Registered
306 Posts

monoprice.com has some good mounts for the money.  I have a tilt mount on the back of my TV in my family room from monoprice...had it 6 years without any issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves  /t/1520648/choosing-the-correct-wall-mount#post_24433872

Chief, Sanus, etc.. all have tools on their website's to tell you what mount works with what tv, punch in the model number and they give all the mounts they have that will work with your TV.

If you want easy access to the back of the TV get a tilt mount, that way you can tilt it back to get access to the inputs. Avoid slim mounts or anything that holds the TV very close to the wall.

If I ordered a tilt mount, will I be able to keep it flat against the wall and then tilt it only when I wanted to access the back?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to monoprice.com and chatted with someone there. He suggested these two mounts. Can I get some opinions on them?

1. The salesman said that the swivel arm mount would sit closer to the wall, is that accurate?

2. ]Which mount would be more forgiving if the stud(s) were not centered on the wall where I want to place the tv?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab3=b&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.1&c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6200&seq=1&format=2&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monoprice.com%2FCart

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab3=b&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.1&c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=5921&seq=1&format=3#specification

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts

I think the salesperson was going off of your "I'll need access to the back..." comment.  My TV comes off the wall with a few twists of the bracket when I need to change anything (about 3-4 times in the past 6 years).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts