AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Comcast Digital Cable in DC area. What are the possible reasons for when I watch the HD channels, that every-so-often the picture and sound will blink off and on for a few seconds. Sometimes it's just the sound, and others it's just the picture...sometimes both.

background: I live in an 2 bedroom apartment and whoever thought it would be funny to only put 1 cable coax jack needs to be hurt. For usual daily use, I have the signal split 3" out of the wall, one going directly to the cable box, and the other going into a bedroom. In the bedroom, I have it split again, one for a small 13" TV, and the other going to my cable modem.

I originally figured that the signal wasn't strong enough and the box wasn't getting enough signal info. Last night while watching ER, it was almost unwatchable. I unplugged the first splitter, and put the cable box directly into the wall, and it was still doing it, all though not quite as bad.

Could I replace the coax wire with a better quality like monster? Is there something that Comcast can do to increase the signal that my apt gets? Anyone have any ideas?!?! I'm not sure of the model number, but my set top box is a Scientific Atlanta one.

Someone throw some ideas my way as to how I may clean up my signal....anyone?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Contact Comcast. They need to get you a better signal. Forget about improving anything with Monster cable. It's not much different, if at all except for the price, and the replacing the short length at your end with the finest cable in the world will make no difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.