AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start off by saying I don't think this has anything to do with the Ceton card. The problem I'm having has been discussed here and seems to be related to the video card. If I watch the channel on my extender (Xbox 360) then video is fine, it's only when I'm watching it on my HTPC that I see the issue. I'm running a SB Core i3 with the Ceton 4 tuner card using WMC7 and Comcast cable. The channels that I notice it the most are Starz and AMC. The picture just becomes jerky. When I hit 411 info and bring up the info box, I can see it jumping between 29.x and 59.x. According to the thread linked above some people have been able to get rid of this by installing a GT430 (Any Nvidia card would work I guess?) and setting "Content type reported to the display" to "Full-screen videos". I'm guessing this setting is in the Nvidia control panel somewhere. My question is, can I do something similar within the Intel control panel? If I have to purchase an Nvidia card I can, but I'd like to avoid the extra power, heat and noise of adding a discrete graphics card if I can help it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.