AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Decided to get the Samsung PN50C680 3d ready TV over the Panny G20 and Samsung PNC550 series. I compared all 3 at BB and decided that this one was the best tv. The G20 was 2nd in line but the floating blacks issue scared me. I even asked the Panasonic sales rep that was working at the store and he never heard of it.

This tv doesnt seem to get much talk on these forums but I can definately say Im very pleased with the pic right out of the box. I didnt even mess with the settings.

By the way I have always owned LCD and decided to take the PLASMA plunge as this tv sits in a completely dark room. The picture is so much more uniformity than the LED I tried out. LED had so much clouding and flashlighting.

This plasma has great blacks, now when Im watching a 2:35 movie the bars are actually black. Dont understand the big hype of the LED's, way overpriced.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofyhairguy /forum/post/19641589

I have a PN50C680 too. Until someone trusted actually reviews one I am gonna stick to my eyes telling me it has deeper blacks than Samsung's flatter 3D plasmas.

Do you hear the buzz that people complain of on Samsung Plasmas? I didnt notice till today when no sound was on and I was real close to the TV. I dont see it being an issue unless it gets louder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts