AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6600gt outputting already and it's fine. I love my setup. All I wanted to know if there was a cheap was for me to run my sattelite through my PC to take advantage of some of the filters I have or to even do some recording. I want everything to be output via the 6600gt. I assume I can use a cheap tuner card thats supports HDMI?

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
You assume incorrectly. Please search for one of the MANY threads about why you cannot do anything more than a simple passthrough of HDTV on a PC from sat, and what devices you need. Alternatively look in the HDTV Recorders forum for information on modifications that can be done to a receiver to allow you to record.

-MP

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
you can possibly mod your satellite box with a firewire output (well pay someone to do it, there's a shop in Cali just can't remember the name) and capture HD that way

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Alternativly for FTA satellite ;) use a DVB-S card in your HTPC for viewing/recording straight to your HD & output. Check mytheatre at www.dvbcore.com . A great piece of software for setting up your PC as a satelite box.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
And R5000HD (which I actually prefer).

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YONEXSP
www.169time.com
That is one PRETTY web site design right there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.