AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Swarm (Special Edition), from director Irwin Allen in 1978 and starring Ben Johnson, Katharine Ross, Lee Grant, Michael Caine, Olivia de Havilland and Richard Widmark. They're coming. There's no place to hide. All you can do is run for your life...and watch as a living wave of destruction overwhelms everything in its path. Irwin Allen's doomsday epic pits an all-star cast against a North American invasion of killer bees! This one comes in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and has a Dolby Digital Mono soundtrack. Extras include an audio commentary from Caine, a behind-the-scenes documentary and the trailer. The suggested retail price will be $19.98 and the disc is out on 8th August 2002

Also coming out is:

1. Exorcist 2: The Heratic (1977) with Richard Burton, and Linda Blair 1.85:1 DD mono

2. Wolfen (1981) my favorite wolf movie watch before eating! With Albert Finney, Diane Venora, and Gregory Hines 2.35:1 anamorphic...mono

3. THEM (1954) B & W...Alas it is coming out in *fool screen* only! mono

4. Time After Time (1979) with Malcom McDowall, David Warner and Mary Steenburgen anamorhic 2.35:1..mono

5. We Were Soliers (2002) Mel Gibson in 5.1 EX, widescreen

6. The Sopranos 3rd season 780 minutes running time in 5.1 price $99.98

7. Mary Tyler Moore 1st season D.D. 2.0

$49.95

8. Clash of the Titans 1981 1.85:1 DD 2.0

9. Home Town Legend fool frame..mono

The above titles are from Warner Home Video Region 1, July and August will be hot not just in the weather IMHO!

Too bad about releasing my favorite Ant movie (THEM) in 'fool' screen AKA 1.33:1

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
hob:

I don't believe Them! was widescreen. IMdB is silent on this matter, and they usually speak up if there is some sort of anamorphic process involved. It never looked panned-and-scanned all those times as a kid, where it positively scared the bejeziz out of old Dogfood.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D. W. I saw it at age 7 on the big screen not the mini screens at the malls! Price to get in 25¢ for children and 35¢ for adults. I am showing my age, but my also my delight in seeing the early favorites on a big wide screen, usually in my Micky Mantles 7th row center. :)

O/T My grandfather worked for the New Jersey Central Rail Road as an engineer. Just think I was on his lap looking out of the old steam locomotives, getting my hair blown back in 1952-55. I was on many rides from 5 thru age 8 when my grandfather retired at age 70, The R.R. forced him to retire.

Now if you get rides on old steamers, it's the coaches not on the engineers lap! His big thrill was he was picked to take Harry S.(S. didn't stand for a name) Truman then President of the Unites States. He was told the day before wear nice clothes, in the morning he was introduced to Mr. Truman they exchanged words then my granfather yelled all aboard. The conducter waived his lantern and the locmotive was put in gear, as told to me my late uncle who I was named after.:)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carl how is Barry Atwater these days, when Carl Kolchak and the cops seen Atwaters character. He was *shot* straight between the eyes, you could see the bullet hole as plain as day. Jump over a fence like that, was really scary to viewers like me. lol.

1.37:1 does that come in a mini wide screen, anything but 'fool' screen for my favorite of all favorite Ant movies. Color in word THEM, then the rest in B & W. I have number of colorized movies one of them is "The Thing" made in B & W 1951. I bought it as colorized, I would like to see all movies colorized.

Say what you want but that is my opinion!

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
1. Exorcist 2: The Heratic (1977) with Richard Burton, and Linda Blair 1.85:1 DD mono
Quote:
"You can call me by my dream name...Bazoozoo"(sic)
One of the great all time (unintentional) camp movies!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You seen a locust flying stationery or on flight, what sight for sore eyes. Linda Blair was not a child actor anymore, I have always liked Richard Burton this time as Father Lamont.

The movie "Wolfen" with Albert Finney, Diane Venora, Gregory Hines, and Edward James Olmos (pre-Miami Vice) this a horror movie with some real gross out scenes. Just a warning these scenes if your queasy don't eat anything before watching this wierd thriller-horror movie. I have watched plenty of times because it's one of my 4 genres.

The Swarm with Michael Caine, the Lovely Katharine Ross (The Final Countdown), Richard Widmark, Bradford Dillman, Richard Chamberlain (Shogun), Ben Johnson, Fred McMurry (My 3 Sons), Henry Fonda, and Olivia De Haviland (1938-Color "The Adventures of Robin Hood") is a thriller about bees. I wore one vhs copy out and I had to buy another one some some years ago.

Anybody else care to comment about the upcoming release of these new to DVD releases in July and August? Join the thread, now that I have the source I can update these DVDs. I see one that this group interests are, I do have most of what you have. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.