AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so all I do is sign up for an online AV related forum, next thing I know I'm a very happy broke guy.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=139950

So after chrisreeves brutilized me, I went to my local high end Home Theater store. Next thing I know I have a $3500 sound system to match my Mitsu 65" xxx819 and Toshiba SD5700.

Definative Technology

BP2004TL's

C/L/R 2500

BPVX's

and a Denon AVR-3802

I know the some people say the Bass from these speaker isnt the best, but I am VERY happy.

Thanks chrisreeves!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
BigMHoff -

Somewhat off-topic, but how do you like the Toshiba SD5700? Its specs look good to me, but I haven't had a chance to check it out in-person yet. Any thoughts on the quality of its interlaced output (I don't have HDTV)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its actually right next to me in its box right now! I ordered it from Crazy Eddie last night, boom at my office this afternoon. I paid $268 delivered. I cant wait to watch my first progressive movie!!

Heres the review that made me buy it.
http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...ml?tag=rev-rev

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'll take the NSX over the Corvette anyday,

but anyways.....

Carry on. :)

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Quote:
I'll take the NSX over the Corvette anyday,

but anyways.....
I've owned seven new Hondas, and the NSX is a very sweet car. But it doesn't approach the performance level of a new C5, but anyways.....

:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Scarpelli! Long time, no type. Nice to hear from you. I am now Vetteless. Every time I got into the car it turned into a near death experience. I'm gonna stay away from sports cars till I'm out of my twenties. If I told you what I'm driving now you'd laugh.

jwd1,

When I first set it up I mistakenly had the back switch on I. The picture was so great, I thought it was progressive. I noticed that the Mitsu said 480i for the DVD input so I checked my connections and put the switch on the back to P. The picture is even better in 480p. I've yet to try MP3's or CD-R's. So far I give it a big thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I plead not guilty! I had nothing to do with BigMHoff's now-empty wallet! I wasn't there, didn't do it, nobody saw me and you can't prove a thing.

Congrats on the system BigM. One nice thing about quality speakers is that unlike the rest of our rapidly moving technology, you can enjoy these for many, many years (even decades) before having to move on. In the long run your purchase won't be that expensive.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.